90 2.25>3.5 conversion

Hi,

I am in the process of rebuilding a 3.5 to go in my 2.25 powered 90. I have also acquired a long bellhoused LT77 ready for the swap but one thing i have not been able to find out is where the engine mounts will need to be? I am assuming (perhaps incorrectly :P ) that the gearbox mounts will remain in the same position, and that the engine mounts will end up further forward than the current ones.

Does anyone have the specs on where the new mounts will need to be?

Thanks

why've you got a long bellhousing'd LT77 ? is this one out of a v8 disco ? did you have a short normal 90 LT 77 before ?

if it's a v8 box, then your engine will move forward. where exactly i can't say as i've not done one yet, but been experimenting on my hybrid.

G

Fair enough.

We've got an auto box (same sort of length as the box you have now) with engine out of a 200tdi disco awaiting fitting into a 90, and from our first quick measurements, the engine has to move forward a bit. engine mounts will be sorted once it's hanging in position.

this is a v8 lt77 box bolted onto a spare 3.5 v8 (but not a 90 chassis):

n667984881_1288347_5845.jpg

G

engine mounts will be sorted once it's hanging in position.

That's probably the easiest way - the engine sits slightly over to one side, and depending on the exact combination of vehicle, engine donor, drivetrain etc. the mounts will be slightly different. With the long bellhousing it will sit fairly forward, but ditching the viscous fan for electric can save ~6".

That's probably the easiest way - the engine sits slightly over to one side, and depending on the exact combination of vehicle, engine donor, drivetrain etc. the mounts will be slightly different. With the long bellhousing it will sit fairly forward, but ditching the viscous fan for electric can save ~6".

forgot that bit, you need a new fan :)

If you remove the engine mounts from a V8 chassis, rangie, disco, 110, doesnt matter, they go in the same place on all the chassis, the bracing web up against the spring perch. I had to change mine when I found the 'V8' replacement chassis I bought had diesel mounts on it.

post-1151-1219983338_thumb.jpg

post-1151-1219983356_thumb.jpg