Plasma/Bow Rope etc Suppliers

90 Mellis

Bowyer gets my votes, rope lasts well too in my experience, only broken one rope in HW series and it had done 5 halfway through 6th event with no cleaning and little care of use - 11mm Bowrope that was. DB always up for a deal too - def worth a call.

Bowyer gets my votes, rope lasts well too in my experience, only broken one rope in HW series and it had done 5 halfway through 6th event with no cleaning and little care of use - 11mm Bowrope that was. DB always up for a deal too - def worth a call.

Anyone ever privately imported a drum from across the pond?

Lee

I havent broke any of my 12mm Bowropes , But Ive done a couple of 11mm ropes in Ians Bog . And IIRC Ian was marshalling tempting me into conceeding Or was it Lovers ??

But all the same we tied a blood knot from the broken end to the hook and carried on .

• 3 months later...
is this the bowrope you all talk about being the good stuff as i thought it was white the good stuff not blue

Yes that is the stuff... My 11mm has taken a hammering this year and only broke once- it was caught on the edge of a steel lip on my bumper doing a silly sideways pull at the time to be fair...

David is a top man- well worth asking for his best price!

will be ringing him in the next few weeks when i get me card back after the cash machine nicked it lol

delt with him before for me winch motor very very helpful

just making sure it was before i buy the wrong stuff as all the stuff i've seen is white or is it just a die used in it?

dave

How about plasma 12 from first four? I don't think the breaking strain is as high, maybe 1000kgs different or so, but they are cheaper. What would be recommended out of plasma 12 or bowrope? I would like to know as I will be looking to buy around 125ft of 12mm rope soon and was going to buy plasma 12 from first four

At the moment I'm using Plasma 12 from First Four. Very happy with it, but not used much yet.

A mate of mine is planning to buy a bulk of dynema fishing rope, essentially the same generic stuff, but with a protective coating. Might be worth a look as weel, price would be 10€/m.

Plasma12 or Bowrope seem the most popular, Anybody use Scorpion's Marlow????

I use Marlow dynaline 12mm and its about the best Ive had. Its not cheap but very good. Also we bought 200m on a drum from a recovery supplier and made the ropes in to 6x30m lengths and because there was a bit extra on the end we had a 25m leftover, just right for a rear winch..

• 1 month later...
I use Marlow dynaline 12mm and its about the best Ive had. Its not cheap but very good. Also we bought 200m on a drum from a recovery supplier and made the ropes in to 6x30m lengths and because there was a bit extra on the end we had a 25m leftover, just right for a rear winch..

i there im looking for some at the moment , do you have the details for your supplier please ?