www.land-rover-parts-shop.com

LZ5UL

Did anyone bought something from http://www.land-rover-parts-shop.com/ ?

Living in Eastern Europe I'm forced to order through the online shops because of the crazy local dealers...

So I ordered a few bearings from the site above, just to test their services. The order has been placed a month ago and still nothing..no bearings received and no feedback...

Usually I'm using Paddock services with no problems at all, but these one appeared to be very unreliable...

What would you say?

P.S.

Sorry if this post is kind of commercial.

...Did you get those?

Yup, even additional e-mail conformation by their sales advisor. I've asked them a few days later to send me order's tracking number(as an usual paddock procedure) and since then nothing...

Then the next steps would have been for you to accept the carriage quote and to pay.

I have placed only 1 order with them. When I've been through this I received the consignment # directly from Parcelforce. Everything went fine although I had to 'trigger' the first reply from them (the quote on the carriage). They shipped the parts in 4 days, 2 of them being Saturday and Sunday.

So you say your credit card was debited (you paid for the goods) and you got nothing in return? Did you try to call them?

No, I did not phone them(because of my english :blush: ). They charged me ~ 20 quids - I've received message from my bank.

So they are not a "black hole" as I thought and all they have to do is to find the right path(interlink is what you need mates) to my country.

Thanks for quick responces, appreciate that. I will continue to use Paddock services.

And these £20 were covering both the parts and the carriage? Or £20 was only for the parts?

Because if £20 was covering the parts cost only then it means you didn't pay for the carriage by following the link provided when quoted or the payment was denied by the bank/system for some reason.

No, they're not a black hole.

It looks to me that land-rover-parts-shop.com is, in fact, the AllMakes retail online store because:

- no description here

- the site belongs to AllMakes as you can see if you perform a WhoIs on the website

- of what you can red here: http://www.land-rover-parts-shop.com/help/contactus.htm

What I think it happens is that your request (and the parts after you pay) are forwarded to one of their retailers, the list is in the above link. In my case, I was quoted for the shipping and the parts came from http://www.doncastercountryvehicles.co.uk/about.htm (I exchanged some e-mails with one the people you see listed there).

Тhese £20 were covering both the parts and the carriage, yes. 9 for the bearings and 11 for delivery.

I don't care about £20. I assumed that they may be lost as it was a test order.

Anyway, lrpshop failed, regardless the reason.

I have thousand £ orders from Paddock and they proved to me as a fast&reliable supplier(though they offer some low quality parts)

cipx2, thanks for your replies :)

Did anyone bought something from http://www.land-rover-parts-shop.com/ ?

Living in Eastern Europe I'm forced to order through the online shops because of the crazy local dealers...

So I ordered a few bearings from the site above, just to test their services. The order has been placed a month ago and still nothing..no bearings received and no feedback...

Usually I'm using Paddock services with no problems at all, but these one appeared to be very unreliable...

What would you say?

P.S.

Sorry if this post is kind of commercial.

Hi

I am going in there on Monday or Tuesday, i know them all surprised you have had problems will try and find someting out for you and let you know

Regards

Keith

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That is if you want to pay 25-75% more on the parts, 3% more on VAT (if you're from EU) and about the same on postage (if you're not local).

No, it's not their price policy at fault, it's just the way it is in mainland Europe.

What's so special about them speaking 4 languages? I wouldn't expect less from a company based in a country with 3 official languages, none of them being English, that sells parts for British made cars :D