One shot swivel grease

Thought I'd try and resolve the weeping swivel seals on my 95MY Defender by replacing the swivel oil with one shot grease.

Straight forward job, but the guy at the store asked me how many I wanted because some models take a pack and a half of the grease in each swivel.

I bought the blue soft pack of Bearmach grease (not sure of the quantity) and put one in each housing. Does anyone know if this is the correct amount for my vehicle?

Cheers. :D

"It tends to migrate past the seals into the Diff oil". Yes it does.

We use Shell CS00 grease which we buy in 18kg drums. It is bright blue, and we have noticed a lot of vehicles have blue diff oil now. :o

What I have against the grease is that if water gets in there the whole shebang has to be stripped to get it out properly. I have the old swivel housing with drain, level and filler plugs so I can drain the EP90 out easily.

I'm with the others.

Never use 1-shot grease just to cure a leak as if oil can get out, water & muck can get in to contaminate the internals which will ultimately cause more expense in the long run.

I used 1-shot grease last year when I replaced the swivels but that is because I know everything is in excelent condition, if I had just been replacing the seals or there was a hint of damage to the surface of the swivel I would have stuck to oil.

It should come pre-packaged in the correct amount, certianly the LR stuff and (I thought) the Britpart stuff does.

Thanks for all the advice.

In the end I put in the one shot grease and as the weather was good for a change, I did the oil seals as well!

Suppose I'd better keep an eye on things if this oil migration thing happens over time.

Still a good job done.

What I have against the grease is that if water gets in there the whole shebang has to be stripped to get it out properly. I have the old swivel housing with drain, level and filler plugs so I can drain the EP90 out easily.

Totally agree with than one! And one more thing: Have anyone seen how the grease looks like in a cold winter? Yes, its almost frozen and it takes time to warm up and during that time the CV joints, bearings and seals cannot lubricate properly...