Breakage pics

white90

Not mine, but this was making an interesting sound when we pulled into a campsite in France after another one in our party bend a rocker shaft.

gallery_1731_474_11077.jpg

Ever tried going to a French Land Rover dealer when they don't speak any English, the only French speaker is currently assisting to helicoil a 90 head the other side of town, and you own a D-Lander?

We managed to TNT two parcels overnight from England to France containing complete clutch kit, rocker shaft, helicoil kit and miscellaneous paraphernalia cheaper that the French LR Dealer wanted for the clutch on it's own.

Cols110

How did that happen :o

Rear locker, 10psi, on the rev limiter in 3rd low hit a tuft of carp in my run up trying to climb a decent sized sand dune(to help secure another vehicle that was about to roll down the face) got airbourne and when I landed it went bang.

Retroanaconda...

How did that happen :o

Basically a French woman fell asleep at the wheel, and hit the front nearside of our caravan at around 80mph, jack-knifing our outfit to the extent that it bend the towbar 30 degrees, and the rear nearside wheel of the Freelander tore off part of the front nearside wing of the van. Rolly-polly goodness ensued for 100 yards (with a good measure of central reservation thrown in) before coming to a rest like that.

It's testament to the vehicle that myself and my three other family members walked out of it without a scratch on us :blink:

I still think to this day that that is one of the reasons I like Land Rovers so much ^_^

Three windsurfers plus the assorted booms/masts etc were strapped to the top of the Freelander (on a proper rack, mind).

Quite how we ended up like we did, with the car, windsurfers and caravan lined up next to each other after 100 yards of travel after being seperated rather violently...is beyond me.

Some series carnage........

diffsoep2.jpg

The obvious normal diff carnage.

lagers.jpg

A modified stub axle....

rotor1.JPG

Not big, but interesting as it happenend on the motorway when using the kickdown, the rotor disentegrated trough the distributo cap.....

salisbury_steek1.jpg

An interesting half shaft breakage. (Series salisbury)

Cracked chassis of the 110 after a trip to dakar.

laswerk_110_1.jpg

laswerk_110_2.jpg

Thought it would be rusty underneath, but no rust in sight just metal fatique....

I should have a picture of torn of swivel ball somewhere but can't find it now :(

• 3 weeks later...