A new world record ?

treebloke

Managed to get the field cut and turned last week ready for baling before the rain came back. Baled it saturday with rain forecast sunday so it was a race against time to get as much under cover as quick as possible.

post-978-1220207040_thumb.jpg

Loaded just about anything that could carry a load, the 110 had 43 bales on the roof rack and I could have got one on the back seat and three more in the back. There are 85 on the trailer.

How much would something like that weigh then?

The bales our old farm baler put out were typically about 10 to 15kg or so depending on how you had the baler set up (dense bales or loose bales) so that's quite a bit of weight on the roof!

I have had more than that on a trailer though - a big four wheeled military trailer that is designed to be towed behind a 4 tonner, with somewhere over 200 on it behind the old farm 90 :)

Good photo :)

Fair play Bob, you squeezed em on there. I always use the Disco and trailer to bring the small bales home. I only get 45-50 bales on a load but with a strap from front to back you can be home in seconds and off load and be back out before you would be halfway home with a tractor. Being lower you can load the trailer by yourself and unload it too so it is easier if labour is in short supply (always is round here!)

Anyway a pic of mine with a small load on at the end of the day

post-1427-1220210405_thumb.jpg

and just for fun here is the same shot of me in exactly the same place but taken from Google Earth.... Now how wierd is that!!!!!!!!!

post-1427-1220210268_thumb.jpg

Fair play Bob, you squeezed em on there. I always use the Disco and trailer to bring the small bales home. I only get 45-50 bales on a load but with a strap from front to back you can be home in seconds and off load and be back out before you would be halfway home with a tractor. Being lower you can load the trailer by yourself and unload it too so it is easier if labour is in short supply (always is round here!)

Anyway a pic of mine with a small load on at the end of the day

post-1427-1220210405_thumb.jpg

and just for fun here is the same shot of me in exactly the same place but taken from Google Earth.... Now how wierd is that!!!!!!!!!

post-1427-1220210268_thumb.jpg

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!!!!!

treebloke wonder if i can get on the same number on my roof rack on the 90

it is a 110 roof rack may find out when i bale the straw.

the field that the picture has been taken in.... has that been bailed yet?

or is it still to be rowed up and bailed?

To be fair we made a right pigs ear of cutting it, most has been baled but I went over it again with the acrobat and got another 30 bales.

I used to get dragged in as cheap labour at haymaking - the farmer had a truckcab SWB with a full length roofrack on it (bumper to crossmember) which we could get 34 bales on, and then the trailer was behind... Racing the rainclouds, working to 2am with spotlights and then down the pub to drink behind a locked door with everyone else who'd been doing the same. Good times.

When I was working in contruction, one time we had to get a load of scaffolding away from a site immediatly. The trailer was filled with all the metal parts, and we ended up putting about 20 big pieces of wood (2x8" or so and around 15' long) on the roofrack of the DCPU. Made for an interesting drive, the LR had a + 2" suspension lift and was still on the Silverstones 285/85 after a weekend of fun.