p38 Valuation

roybatty666

Hi all

I have a RR p38 that I use as my general car ad a D90 as my toy bt as I live so close to work I don't need the daily drive any more so thinking of sellig her (and what a fantastic time to sell a 4.6ltr car).

The trouble is I have no idea of the value, I have looked at glass's and px seems to be £3k ish but am unsure of the true value to joe public

1996 4.6 HSE but with only 65k on the clock

18" hurricane alloys

new bags all round in the last 12 months

new rear box

new front dampers

new steering damper

new front discs and pads

full Service history (2 stamps missing but have receipts for those and the garage will stamp them if you go see them)

Body work is burgundy (or matalic red in some lights) and in good condition for ages, a few scuffs here and there but polishes up nicely

Later spec lights

Engine uses no oil or water and is very strong

Auto box is perfect and smooth

All electrics work (bar the lcd stereo screen although stero works fine)

Air suspension works as it should

Cream interior with dark piping slight ware on drivers bolster otherwise top condition.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Cheers chaps

rangygd8.jpg

Seems a tough one to value, looking at fleabay's completed listings shows loads of 4.6s' being unsold and only DSEs' and LPG'd ones selling yet people are still pricing them up at 5-6k???

I supose it is only worth what someone is willing to pay

I would miss driving to work in my comfy front room :P

It looks like 3k to 4k sounds about right.

Are you sure you want to have your 90 as your only vehicle?

Just think about that cold day in November....frost on the inside of the windscreen...driving with gloves and a woolly hat to prevent hypothermia....uncomfortable seats...damp seats...bruised elbow...feeble headlights...heater that toasts one bit of you while the rest of you freezes...been there, that 200 mile round trip on Xmas day is permanently etched in my memory.

It looks like 3k to 4k sounds about right.

Are you sure you want to have your 90 as your only vehicle?

Just think about that cold day in November....frost on the inside of the windscreen...driving with gloves and a woolly hat to prevent hypothermia....uncomfortable seats...damp seats...bruised elbow...feeble headlights...heater that toasts one bit of you while the rest of you freezes...been there, that 200 mile round trip on Xmas day is permanently etched in my memory.

Sounds like a fantastic excuse not to go to the inlaws to me :P

The thing is I live 1 mile from work if that and even with cheap road tax I am fed up paying out on two vehicals especialy when the Rangy does 500 miles a year if that.

The fact that the sale of the rangy would get my new diffs and lockers is nothing to do with it ;)