misfire when running on petrol

wez

hi guys i have just fitted a piper cam to my 3.5 v8 efi discovery but now i have a misfire when running on petrol but it runs sweet as a nut when on gas. any 1 got any ideas as to what it can be?

Emmmmm.... Dirty petrol injectors? Injector connections (wires)?

Tell me more about your type of system, some gas systems have no input ftrom the original equipment and others pick up info from it it sounds like yours may be totaly independent that is why its working. As already said the fuel system would be my first place to look check all wiring plugs and fuel pressure.

Becouse it runs well on lpg it would seem that the cam job and settings are ok or it wouldnt run

Steve

it only seems to be missing on 1 cylinder, the gas system is solenoid operated so will only start on petrol then it automatically switches to gas after a few seconds, i can switch it manually to run on petrol but doin so it obviously misfires, the timing and evrything has been set up correctly by my dad but we didnt think to check the injectors. im ust hoping its now down to a lose/dirty connection on 1 of the plugs, checed them all drver side but no diference so hoping its goin to be under the inlet manifold will check later on in the week when i have more time