it's my brakes again

cooney?

i just changed the brake servo on my disco to try and change ny hard braking problems. :unsure: however this has not solved the promblem so going to check all the brake cylinders on the wheels. however during changing the servo i've come across my break pedal not reching the stop at the end my question is are break servos different in 300tdi auto with cruise control than a manual and would a 200 tdi servo fit any help appreciated. as at the momment my brake lights stay on :( also does anyone know of a good place down plymouth way to take a landrover as need abs resetting cheers cooney ;)

There's no difference between servo's on 200 or 300 series. The part# is STC1286 (or ANR2046 for the Lucas earlier ones).

Unless you specifically want to clear the stored faults from memory, the ABS doesn't need resetting. Remove the cause of the fault and the warning lamp will extinguish.

Guest DiscoTD4

Hi

did you disconnect the brake pedal clevis pin ?

On my Tdi auto there were two clevis pin holes on the brake pedal lever. On mine I inadvertently put the clevis pin through the wrong one (towards the drivers seat) as apposed to the more inward hole. This made the brake pedal even more wooden and stodgy than normal :( due to the angle the pedal puts on the slave cylinder push rod.

Also the brake light switch is a strange affair. I cant remember which way round, but either the plunger or switch mounting is positioned via a ratchet type system. This is something I also discovered because my brake lights would not come on at all after refitting the pedal clevis pin.

Basically you can move the switch/plunger in and out on a ratchet in order to adjust the point at which the switch operates.

Let us know how you get on

Good luck

have sorted outthe brakes but still no joy on the pedal i also have cruise control and have tried both the hole but none actuually touch the switches so now back to square on if the pedal is broken how do you tell ??? it all seem to work fine when not connected to the servo and move all the way :unsure: cheers for the replys

Guest DiscoTD4
have sorted outthe brakes but still no joy on the pedal i also have cruise control and have tried both the hole but none actuually touch the switches so now back to square on if the pedal is broken how do you tell ??? it all seem to work fine when not connected to the servo and move all the way :unsure: cheers for the replys

Have you checked the brake light switch is a strange affair. I cant remember which way round, but either the plunger or switch mounting is positioned via a ratchet type system. You can move the switch/plunger in and out on a ratchet in order to adjust the point at which the switch operates on the pedal.

This is something I also discovered because my brake lights would not come on at all after refitting the pedal clevis pin.

Cheers