biggest tyres on standard drive train

hi,

ive currently got 35"/12.5"/15" tyres on my 90, they are pro comp and are similar to bfg style tread, and havnt broke anything yet, if i was to upgrade to somthing grippier i.e. maxxis muddzilla/creepy crawler will it quite likely destroy everyting and should i go down in size a bit.

thanks

As Tony says, it's all driving style. You can run big tyres if you're careful or you can destroy your drivetrain running 31's if you really try.

I agree. I have never broken anything... though admittedly there is not much rock crawling to be had here :)

Famous last words :rolleyes:

It's all about the grip/no grip.

A spinning wheel that suddenly finds grip will impose huge shock loads on the transmission components.

Spinning two wheels on the verge and then steering onto the (dry) tarmac will often break something.

Similarly grippy tyres off road are more likely to dig down and find grip. If you drive following the "rules" ie 2nd low, walk the ground first, controlled throttle etc you can run whatever tyres you like.