Look what i saw! Modified Td5

Dunc

Went to Brightwell's auctions today and apart from being gobsmacked at how low the prices are at the moment (for example a 2002 1 owner Td5 manual with full history and 66k warranteed miles for £2,800 amongst others) i saw this slightly modified Series 11 Disco Td5.

Sounded gorgeous when he booted it up the road when he left too.

Phone100016.jpg

And yes, i do want one!!! :lol:

... and from t'other side

MonsterDisco.jpg

Tyres were an enormous 19.5 inches wide and 54 (yes, 54) inches tall. Rims were 20 inch truck rims.

Only non-standard bit i could see were the axles. No idea what they were from buy had a strange link between beam and hub.

I've had a look on the chap's website now and they actually sell the conversion kits so you can run anything from 35" tyres up to the 54" ones i saw today.

And yes, you were right Al, they're Unimog axles according to the site.

Well, i like it. Especially the black one.

Admittedly my dogs would have a job getting in and out, but i'd happily run one as my daily car, maybe not with tyres quite that big though.

So what if he's a poser? Bit of posing never hurt anybody, after all it's how most of us get girls! B)

What about all those types who own Tanks and stuff? They're hardly going to defend the nation are they? Blatant posers, and i say good luck to them.

Maybe he's going to get proper diff locks and stuff done next so it can really cut it ?

It's be bloody useful round my way at the moment with all the floods we're having anyhow... :D:D

Just read a thread at Pirate, no pics of this stuff in mud? So what's the point of building such monster? To scare kids? Stupid.

There are several videos of them in mud on you tube.

As to your comment about what's the point; why does there have to be one?

I've done things for the hell of it before and i say good on him.

There are several videos of them in mud on you tube.

As to your comment about what's the point; why does there have to be one?

I've done things for the hell of it before and i say good on him.

Did not really want to start a battle here around this, I beg a pardon. If you have direct links for videos you've mentioned please post them. 'Cause i've seen only one with a big log (tree). I'm thinking about reliability of that thing and not really sure that it will do the finish on Ladoga for example.