Knee Room - Are Early Doors Better

In my 90 I have great problems fitting in. I am only 6'6" but have legs disproportionately long for my height!

I have fitted mud rails which has given me a little more space (well a lot but not enough), I am still deciding which way to go with bulkhead removal, MUD, North Offroad or Protection and Performance. A new, smaller steering wheel will be going on after this weekend but I am still tight against the door. The handbrake will get moved when I fit a cubby.

This isn't the same problem as most people have. I can't jut wind down the window and stick my knees out! I have removed the interior door pull as that is right where my knees go and I seem to manage, but I have been told the the sliding window, lift handle doors a la Wolf and early 110 would give me more space. Has anyone got a picture, from the drivers seat which shows the steering wheel, this type of door that might give me an impression of the extra space (if any?)

Moving the seat across is something I thought about but that doesn't really solve the problem due to the steering wheel.

If I don't get some sliding window doors then I will certainly have to by an electric window kit as I can't get to the winder without taking my foot off the gas.

Any other advice also gratefully received!

If I was in your situation, I'd fit the Mud stuff bulkhead removal kit first and see how you are first. It's easy to fit and will allow your seat to go back enough that it should ease your problem.

Changing the doors out is time consuming and potentially expensive as you need to change out locks, door strikers etc too.

Cheers

Steve