Big Brother is watching you (well LRO anyway)

Hillbilly Raider

There was a thread on LRO yesterday about the article on changing a timing belt on a 200tdi.

Someone pointed out that it was wrong and so a DEBATE started, it ended with the thread being pulled.

it seems LRO did not take to kindly to the original thread,

This type of thing really gets my back up ! a forum in my book means that there are alsorts of people with all sorts of opinions, some times you will hear /see things about yourself that you dont like, but thats part and parcel of a forum if you ask me? you shouldnt be afraid of saying (if you believe it to be true)

something cause it might upset someone else!

I could swear there are people on the readers' forum who aren't seen on the technical fora, + people who make a habit of starting threads by simply posting whatever trolling todge they fancy at that particular instant. As they say, "anything goes" :D:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you thats why I missed it don't normally head that way full of weirdo's up there in the RF...

&

I could swear there are people on the readers' forum who aren't seen on the technical fora, + people who make a habit of starting threads by simply posting whatever trolling todge they fancy at that particular instant.

Ain't that a fact!

Then of course we have the people that start a thread demanding to know why the thread was removed, instead of having the politeness to PM a moderator instead, all because they want their five minutes of fame. The same people can be found starting threads about how clever they are on another forum usually.

Sound familiar to anyone? :lol:

uncalled for I think? The topic was Manners , JP replied and as i stated here ......end of.!!!

&

Oi LRO Thread. [Post#: 734583 ] Edit post Reply to this post

where has it gone?

"A not quite "over" the Hillbilly!"

Edited by tombraider17 on 17/1/06 11:02 AM.

I see no mention of manners?

Uncalled for? Maybe.

Perhaps manners would dictate PM'ing instead of stirring it up on the forum? Or do manners only apply to others?

and as i stated here ......end of.!!!

If only! Whether it's you or the next person, we will have the same discussion again. How dare LRO censor on thier own board? Same way as I'd tell you to shut up if you were swearing in my house I guess.

Anyhow... end of!!!

edit to say :- This IS my final word on the matter on here, I can be PM'd at LRO, or emailed, it is grossly unfair to continue this discussion on here, for which I apologise to Les et al.

I could swear there are people on the readers' forum who aren't seen on the technical fora, + people who make a habit of starting threads by simply posting whatever trolling todge they fancy at that particular instant.

Ain't that a fact!

I wasn't criticising the Mods incidentally, in case that was how it seemed. I know from when I [in my younger, more foolish days :P ] modded controversial fora, that I wouldn't want to have to cope with that lot :)