LHD vs RHD

For those of you who dont know me, I make custom rubber mats for all types of Landies.

Im getting enquires from EU and futher, but I dont yet make mats for LHD vehicles.

In terms of Defenders (and possibly series) are the floor panels mirror images of each other or are they the same ?

Not having any LHD vehicles to check, I would be grateful for any ideas...

I think the differences (if any) will be in the region of the tunnel, however the diff lock / high low lever is in the same place so its possible they are the same and not even mirror images of RHD.

I had not intended to use this as an advert, but if you search ebay for nic.wood in the community area you can find me.

I'll be passing by soon with a LHD 110 V8 1985 and you can take a look, but this one has the LT95, and would serve no real purpose for your 'market' of R380 and LT77.

From memory the floor panels are the same RHD and LHD, tunnels are the same, etc. It is the handbrake which is situated on 'the other side' as are the pedals (Obviously...)

Good luck on cutting, or alternatively, not cutting and giving the client some sweat for their money...

RHD and LHD foot wells are the same.... tunnel is always off-set to the N/S making the N/S foot well narrower than the O/S.... Hope this helps, Daniel

How's that then :unsure:

If the RHD and LHD foot wells are the same but the tunnel if offset to the left (we do not want to get confused with near side and offside which are opposite depending on steering wheel position) how can they BE THE SAME :lol:

Left hand footwell is smaller than Right hand footwell, cos' the nas is more cramped driving than a Brit Defender!

I have new genuine rubber mats in the nas and dims as follows:

L Hand Widest part 570mm; narrowest part 440mm

R Hand Widest part 640mm; narrowest part 460mm

:lol:

LHD and RHD footwells are the same. The LH footwell is smaller than the RH footwell in both LHD and RHD configurations. I agree that reference to NS and OS creates confusion though when refering to LHD and RHD. The sizes differ on different engine/gearbox types though as the tunnel shape differs.

Chris

How's that then :unsure:

If the RHD and LHD foot wells are the same but the tunnel if offset to the left (we do not want to get confused with near side and offside which are opposite depending on steering wheel position) how can they BE THE SAME :lol:

What Nic asked is whether BOTH the left and right footwells of the RHD Defender are the same as the left and right footwell of a LHD defender, and the answer to that is 'yes'

The tunnel is in the same place in a LHD Defender and an RHD Defender.

Nic's in need of this information as he needs to cut templates for his new clientele on the continent, where 99% of Defenders are LHD.

What Nic asked is whether BOTH the left and right footwells of the RHD Defender are the same as the left and right footwell of a LHD defender, and the answer to that is 'yes'

The tunnel is in the same place in a LHD Defender and an RHD Defender.

Nic's in need of this information as he needs to cut templates for his new clientele on the continent, where 99% of Defenders are LHD.

Thanks for the clarification, and I now need a willing victim (er volunteer) who lives in the UK, has an Lt77 or R380 gearbox LHD and wants a set of mats at half price !

Any takers ?