LR genuine spring info

JimAttrill

Up to the Td5 age (1998 MY included), the standard rear springs for a 90 were blue/red (NRC 9448) on the driver's side, and yellow/white (NRC 9449) on the passenger's side; the heavy duty rear springs were green/yellow/red (NRC 9462) on the driver's side and green/yellow/white (NRC 9463) on the passenger's side: these springs gave the 90 an extra 100 kg of payload.

From the Td5 age (1999 MY onwards), LR fitted as standard on the rear axle of the 90's the HD springs: the colour code was identical (green/yellow/red on the driver's side, and green/yellow/white on the passenger's side); part numbers changed, though: RKB 101230 for the green/yellow/red (driver) and RKB 101240 for the green/yellow/white (passenger).

If you need further info (coil n°, free height, wire diameter...), you'll have to wait until the weekend, when I'll be able to measure a set of RKB's that were taken from a brand new 90 a few years ago.

Thanks Silvio, luckily I found my paper Bearmach catalogue with the spring info in it. Not quite up-to-date because I know the latest 110 TD5 rear springs are progressive and purple coded.

But I have found a set of blue/red and yellow/white which, although they came off the front of a 110 they are also the std 90 rear springs.

We want to take a TD5 90 pickup back to standard as the PO had a lot of heavy stuff fitted which required the longer and stronger springs it has, but with that stuff removed it has a rather silly tail-up attitude and the new owner wants the std setup.

We fit Ironman springs if required and the owners never want the old springs back so we have quite a few lying around.

We fit Ironman springs if required and the owners never want the old springs back so we have quite a few lying around.

Same thing happens here: people go for sophisticated (??) off-road set-ups, and you can find original, brand new suspension stuff for a fraction of the price LR asks. I bought a couple of radius arms and of rear trailing arms for slightly more than the price of the bushes; and a couple of 90 rear springs at a third of their price! Presently not yet fitted to the front of my 110". but one can never know what the future will prepare for us...

Up to the Td5 age (1998 MY included), the standard rear springs for a 90 were blue/red (NRC 9448) on the driver's side, and yellow/white (NRC 9449) on the passenger's side; the heavy duty rear springs were green/yellow/red (NRC 9462) on the driver's side and green/yellow/white (NRC 9463) on the passenger's side: these springs gave the 90 an extra 100 kg of payload.

From the Td5 age (1999 MY onwards), LR fitted as standard on the rear axle of the 90's the HD springs: the colour code was identical (green/yellow/red on the driver's side, and green/yellow/white on the passenger's side); part numbers changed, though: RKB 101230 for the green/yellow/red (driver) and RKB 101240 for the green/yellow/white (passenger).

If you need further info (coil n°, free height, wire diameter...), you'll have to wait until the weekend, when I'll be able to measure a set of RKB's that were taken from a brand new 90 a few years ago.

Sorry Silvio, but this info must be incorrect.

My standard 2005 truck cab came with blue/red and yellow/white springs on the rear.

So Jim if you want a TD5 truck cab back to stock on the rear these are the springs.

Cheers

Steve

Re-checked with the parts catalogue, Steve, and you are right: only the Td5 90 station wagons are fitted with the HD RKBxxxxxx springs: soft top or truck cab maintain the standard NRC 9462-9463 springs. So these should be Jim's choice, as he is dealing with a pick-up.