Snatch Blocks For "the Bigger Winch"

TC and others.

For those of us who have the "Big Boys Winches", some of us are up to BIG plasmas, and these do have a tendency to get stuck / damaged in snatch blocks, what is needed is a BIGGER unit as vs one of these below, I promised to let TC know,but thought this may be of use for others...

Version 1. £35 ARB type.

Simply a bigger version of the miost common one

Greasable, and nice quality JW and I have had one for ages, very nice and good value D4x4 I think ?...Jon ?

BBQ001Medium.jpg

Got a few more bucks your prepared to spend :

Version 2.

My fav, nice as it rotates, this will takes up to 13mm wire rope, and has an exceptionally deep "Grove" so superb for keeping plasma in it and out of the sides....

Made by Johnson Blocks, 4:1 Safety factor, rated at 4 tonnes, Model is a SB4S4BH

Lovely !

Greasable, and strippable for cleaning etc...

BBQ004Medium.jpg

BBQ006.jpg

Has a 100% locking Mouse (system on the hook), swivels, and to open unscrew 4 pronged bolt slide plate open as per pic, reline and screw bolt back in...

think this was from www.redpage.co.uk 01926 422383 recovery equipement direct, nice bunch too, but its about £85 + the dreaded from memory :( but you will only buy one of these once, and they are seriously HD !

HTH anyone

Nige

I bought one earlier this year a snatch block like the red one, from Simon Safety

Light Weight Heavy Duty Snatch Block with Roller Bearings and Safety Hook head fitting. 4t safe working load when lifting, 8t safe working load when pulling. Features drop gate for easy wire rope insertion and grease nipple for lubrication. £46.00

http://www.simon-safety.co.uk/category.asp?catid=1771 (the one at the top) :P

have only used it once, but it worked as expected while I recovered a tractor...