Disco is not allowed!

discotec

SWMBO, who is currently in Africa has just found out about my Discovery purchase. Now, I have always wanted a disco and now I have one. Apparently, by the time she gets back I won't :(

Oh well. At least it was nice whilst it lasted.

Anyone want a very nice Discovery TDi Auto?

Guys and gals. I bought the disco because I always wanted one. Now I have had one I am also happy to let it go as my pride and joy is still my 1987 Bentley Turbo R. as SWMBO pointed out, we just don't want or need yet another car. I also own a 1967 Triumph herald 1360 convertible, a 1959 Morris Minor, a 1955 Ford Consul and a 1975 Hilman Avenger TIGER.

Regretably it is last in, first out so the disco goes.

If you have that many cars one more is irrelevant and as Discos are cheap as chips then money can't be an issue.

Therefore is it just her putting her foot down as a power thing?

If it was me I would tell her to poke it and let her calm down while she is away ;)

Last week I spent £550 on a suspension kit and £1250 on diffs and axles and no permission was asked, in fact my misses would have thought me mad if I asked if I could spend my own money!!!

Be a man and keep it, judging by your other cars you have a lust for rust so the Land Rover will be right up your street ;)

If you have that many cars one more is irrelevant and as Discos are cheap as chips then money can't be an issue.

Therefore is it just her putting her foot down as a power thing?

If it was me I would tell her to poke it and let her calm down while she is away ;)

Last week I spent £550 on a suspension kit and £1250 on diffs and axles and no permission was asked, in fact my misses would have thought me mad if I asked if I could spend my own money!!!

Be a man and keep it, judging by your other cars you have a lust for rust so the Land Rover will be right up your street ;)

Lust for rust! LOL. There is probably more rust on this disco than the other lot put together! hahahahahha.

She is the earner, she is in charge of the money. I am quiet happy with that. It has nothing to do with being a man, because I am a woman!

SWMBO, who is currently in Africa has just found out about my Discovery purchase. Now, I have always wanted a disco and now I have one. Apparently, by the time she gets back I won't :(

Oh well. At least it was nice whilst it lasted.

Anyone want a very nice Discovery TDi Auto?

I nearly went down the same road. I found a Disco 1 300Tdi, full house for the right prize, but as a rule I take my wife along before the final deal. Every thing was fine until we took the Disco for a test drive. Wife got extremely quiet......

Driving back home she just mentioned that something did not feel good about the vehicle. I stalled the sale, and did some more digging and inquiries, it turned out that the Disco was older that the seller indicated, it was in fact a 200 Tdi. At that time my LR knowledge was limited to all the horror hear-say stories thrown around.I canceled the deal, and one week later found the white 3 door I now own, and this time the wife also had the right "feeling" when she saw the vehicle, and she does not take kindly to white vehicles, except our white Discovery. <_<

As your wife can 'smell' a bad deal, maybe she should become a used car testing consultant? :)

But if you ever get a bad feeling about a vehicle, you are wise to walk away. And a 200Tdi is a menace to own in SA as they are rare and most places don't bother to stock spares for them. And they have a terrible gearbox.

Lust for rust! LOL. There is probably more rust on this disco than the other lot put together! hahahahahha.

She is the earner, she is in charge of the money. I am quiet happy with that. It has nothing to do with being a man, because I am a woman!

Ah I suppose it is a little different then if your not the main earner, finances are a tricky thing in any relationship.

LOL at all the "man up" comments :lol: