sump gasket

HI

Thought I shoudl spend some time fixing all the things wrong with my truck that just seems to be getting longer and longer (the list of things to repair - not the truck itself :lol: )

First is I have oil escaping from the sump on my 300 90, I havent found a part number for the sump gaskets though - somebody has mentioned that they dont have a gasket but use a special sealant only.. can anybody confirm/correct this?

Thanks

Thats odd as I too thought 300s don't have gaskets as such, they use a very very sticky stuff from Land Rover comes in a sphon type dispenser tube affair, about say 1.25 inches bore and has a insert that you push to squeeze it out via. I used this on the V8 and it is very superior imho than the old cork gasket affair, actually the only downside is removal is a RPITFA as it holds on for dear life :)

Someone here wioll I am sure have the part no, but I would urge you to use the genuine LR stuff :)

Nige

Thats odd as I too thought 300s don't have gaskets as such, they use a very very sticky stuff from Land Rover comes in a sphon type dispenser tube affair, about say 1.25 inches bore and has a insert that you push to squeeze it out via. I used this on the V8 and it is very superior imho than the old cork gasket affair, actually the only downside is removal is a RPITFA as it holds on for dear life :)

Someone here wioll I am sure have the part no, but I would urge you to use the genuine LR stuff :)

Nige

Thanks Nigel, I'll pop over to the main stealer and get some then !

Gday Guys

I recently bought a sump gasket for 300Tdi through these guys http://www.karcraft.com.au/home.php there part number is KC301 they make them.

I know that the postage might be a killer but enough of you guys want them you might be able to do a group buy.

Cheers Azza

P.s I also used black tube of high temp RTV gasket maker to make sure it sealed good.

I've always used rtv silicone sealer, never had it leak. Never known anyone else have a problem with rtv on the sump either.

Can't understand why anyone would recommend using expensive stuff from Land Rover when there is an effective, inexpensive alternative ! :(

Mo