HBRO - Mag

JST

Expect Scotty do will correct me if i am wrong.

Nige - excellent to get the latest mag through the post, its got some very good articles, and well presneted put together

However

not to pick points but it may be an idea to stick some more stamps on it!!!!!

Mine came through today, postage not paid fully, 14p Short, plus the £1 handling fee..........

i dont mind the 14p but the £1 to the post office i could do without.....

Me too !

Odd as I queried with the mailshotter (ed & his Wife Angela) who take the mags, place in envelopes and post for the club, they checked the weight and the post office said OK.

I did mention this to Ed, he will definately take steps to ensure this does not re occur, but I would like to point out I only do the newsletter :P:P:P:P:lol:

Lets see if my free "Advert" for www.LR4x4.com drags up any siutable new commers ! :rolleyes: circulation is around 320+ now

But, as this is the 1st mag I have produced since getting tucked up into doing it taking on the offical role of newsletter editor for the HBRO....what do you all (who have it) think of it as a mag ?.

I am keen to expand it further, ideas for inclusions / topics / all welcome.

Nige

Nige I received mine ok with no probs or charges will have to check with swmbo ............... I would of heard by now me thinks

Good though most injoyable read what I've read so far ............. well done nige credit where credit due

Would appear strange if I'm not getting charged and others are

Steve

So that is what that was about, wondered if it was a bday card.

If I don't pick mine up what happens to it? Just isn't worth my time and money to go and pick it up (no reflection on your efforts Nige, just post office is out of the way and another quid to the post office I can do without)

Think I'll just read someone else's.

Steve - didnt they jsut chuck it through the letter box anyway, and you leave the money on the door step for when he/she next comes around.......... or is that just an out in the sticks option only!

Our post office is 10mins away so if they had left a msg saying go there to collect i wouldnt have bothered. at ours they hold it for 2 week (maybe 4) then return it to the sender.

James,

I'm happy if I get my mail and that it arrives sometime around when it should. Expecting things such as redelivery and payment while they are out and about is way beyond the way over my way.

I guess in a rural area you get to know your postie, round here (Fareham) I'm pleased if I haven't got the dyslexic postman (seriously, I'm all for equal ops etc but I've had notes saying left at no 13 when it was 31 or 32 and things!)

not to mention the guy down the road from me who got a recorded delivery parcel thrust into his hands as he opened the door. When they checked it was for me, (BTW Mr & Mrs Morely if you are reading thanks for dropping that off at the house afterwards :) )

the post in GB is pants now IMO

Steve - didnt they jsut chuck it through the letter box anyway, and you leave the money on the door step for when he/she next comes around.......... or is that just an out in the sticks option only!

Our post office is 10mins away so if they had left a msg saying go there to collect i wouldnt have bothered. at ours they hold it for 2 week (maybe 4) then return it to the sender.

Some months ago, at t' mill, we had a letter from Royal Mail stating that unless the return address is positioned on the outside of the envelope in a certain position it will not get opened by Royal Mail to find out who is the sender. Just another cost cutting exercise.........................

Ok

lets nip this in the bud guys ?

1. This is nothing to do with LR4x4.com ..................and shouldn't be taking up 'top posts' here..PM ME

2. Yes I post here ..............and am the now new EDITOR of the HBRO mag

3. The HBRO is the Hants & Berks Rover Owners club an ARC LR Club....

4. I have spoken to the lady (Angela) who does the posting and the post office she posted at said the stamp covered the postage FFS

5. I have had mine.............complete with GPO sticker as has my neighbour (a fellow member).......... but neither of us paid the extra ?

6. It does seem to be that this is a GPO 'C Up' and not HBRO..............? :angry:

7. If you feel agrrevied at £1.14 then PM me and ..............I will forward you mame and complaint to the Chairman of the HBRO and see about compensation................ if you feel that bad about it :huh:

8. I am only the Editor, this is my 1st mag for he club, I am also organizing and running the MWWCE and these are why connected to this forum..not any thing else

9. I have had several beers ..............and am not in the best of moods....

10. I better therefore stop any more posts :lol: anyone who feels hard done by PM me and I can cancel new membership and refund any entry fees ?

Nige <hic> :ph34r:;)

How about joining a proper club......

sadlrc.co.uk

:lol::D;):rolleyes::blink::huh::angry: B)

.... Seriously tho guys, come on, its only just over a quid and all the commitee are volountary members that DO work hard to make the club what it is.. Claim it back off next years membership if you think you've trully been robbed.. :P

Gents please, from someone sitting and reading this, it's too soon and definitely no good to argue/apportion blame either on or off this forum.

It seems to me that someone just needs to take the time to find out if the Post Office is to blame or not.

You're arguing about the cost of postage for gods sake. It might not be right and it might be a pain, but having a row about it is worse. I'm sure all this can be sorted out without anyone falling out.

This thread isn't going to be locked or deleted, I would expect better than this from you guys.

Les. :(

Well put Nige as you seen to always do..............

BTW I'm a new member joined last June ........... as noted did not have to pay an extra £ 1 ............. looks like a Royal Mail cock up dos'nt it also I know the people who posted the said newsletter just normal people trying to run a club for its members as best they can in there own time for nothing

I can understand though ........... but not here

Les well put ................. common sence

Steve

Well if it's any help to you Nige, the same happened to me!

Sent out the 'Nooze' one month just after taking it on and all of a sudden had several complaints of the PO wanting £1.14 for it.

Not understanding what was going wrong it took a little while, but it eventually came down to an A4 flyer that had been included for either membership renewal or Annual Club Dinner. Since then we have changed from heavy brown A5 to lighter white A5 envelopes which will take a flyer should we need to. Stranger was the fact that out of 300-odd members at the time, less than 10 were affected.

FYI Nooze is 30 pages stapled into a light card full colour cover and ships quite comfortably at the 2nd class rate.

HTH