Forum green lane trip - 21st-23rd November

GBMUD

More talk/detail/rumour/bluster/conjecture here

After a long time messing about and doing nothing about it I have, at last, decided that we should choose Ashbourne as a base for the weekend. That means that we are close enough to Turbocharger's parents place to suit him and anyone camping at his parent's place as well as being within reach of lanes and main trunk routes.

There are quite a number of B+Bs and guest houses in Ashbourne but venues large enough to cater for all of us seem in shorter supply. There is a 'Quality Hotel' (beware, noisy website) which also has health club/pool and conference facilities, a restaurant and a bar (open 24/7 to residents!) and I have spoken to them and made a group booking for a number of rooms at a discounted rate - basically all of the twin rooms and the rest in doubles.

The rates are, for a twin or double room, £47 pppn for dinner, bed and breakfast or B+B only at £34 pppn. There is a £15 single supplement.

In order to book this hotel at the group rate, you will need to give them a call on 01335 346666 and quote the conference reference number '29452'. I spoke to the conference manager, Denise Mills, so any problems please ask to speak to her - office hours. The fact that I have arranged a group rate does NOT mean that I am in charge or responsible, merely careful with my money! :P

I have booked a room for the weekend. If you do too, whether that be at the QH, Turbochargers parents or an alternative establishment, please post up so that we know who is committed to coming.

Sorry to have left it late, only 6 weeks to go!

Thanks

Chris

The following list comes to you C/O Turbocharger. I will update as folk book by different means. If anything is wrong with the list PM me and I will amend as appropriate:

Quality Hotel - £47 BB&EM / £34 B&B / £15 single supplement

Chris Watts

TJ101+Walfy

Headhunter

Mo Murphy + Stu

Mike and Margaret Geminii

Godlykepower and Jude

Dalai Lama and Jennifer

Ivan and Genny

Pugwash

Camping in a field - £5 a night per tent, please say which nights

Sicky and Laura

Grant and letsgetdirty

Geoff and Erica

Joining us from their own beds

Retroanaconda

Turbocharger (I ain't camping 40ft from my own bed!)

nobby

Raceface + SWMBO (Fri & Sat?)

Deffo joining us - other arrangements

Is it open to those not needing to stay at the hotel?

Have a read of the thread Chris has linked to above,, no problems

Twin all booked :) ,, may have to be a shinier route, as will probably be the 110 Puma :unsure:

Mmm, Quality Hotel. That sounds... nice. I'm really looking forward to this actually, better get my new turbo installed.

Drop me a PM if you want to camp and I'll make the necessary arrangements with my mother. Previous guests have found her friendly if approached slowly, with both hands in clear view and ideally bearing chocolate, alcohol or cash. :)

all booked up.

and for those camping I spotted this last week, when I bought some -20 Nanok sleeping bags..

Nanok Special Forces Cold Weather Suit

This is an excellent cold weather suit made by Nanok it is reversible and comes in Olive Green/Sand.

The suit consists of the trousers,jackets and sleeping bag socks.

1145687853_944.jpg

Cheers

Steve :P

Next week I hope to get a list of folk willing to lead groups and then we can see who is doing what and when ...within reason!

Sotal, anyone can join in, there is nothing planned as that would need an organiser.

Chris

We'll be the quiet group in the corner of the town...

Seriously, I'll have a chat with Chris and we'll work out where he and I will be at a specific time on Saturday and Sunday mornings, and probably let you all know where we're having dinner in the evenings. If anyone else happened to turn up to join us, that wouldn't be organised and nobody would stress if they didn't make it.