Forum green lane trip - 21st-23rd November

GBMUD

What are people's thoughts about lunch on Saturday & Sunday - stop at pub somewhere on our route or take a picnic ??

Hi Margaret

Its normally "on the hoof" ie, packed lunch , stopping for a quick brew etc,, Never seam to get time, for a pub stop,,, :(

Hi Margaret

Its normally "on the hoof" ie, packed lunch , stopping for a quick brew etc,, Never seam to get time, for a pub stop,,, :(

the other problem with trying to organise pub lunches is that everyone has to stop by a certain time and this can be extremely inconvenient- either you don't do longer routes because you know you wont finish in time for lunch, or you do the longer routes and drive far to fast for the enviroment (which on greenlanes is a total no no).

Evening meals will be as a group i hope- as long as no one organises it!

the other problem with trying to organise pub lunches is that everyone has to stop by a certain time and this can be extremely inconvenient- either you don't do longer routes because you know you wont finish in time for lunch, or you do the longer routes and drive far to fast for the enviroment (which on greenlanes is a total no no).

Evening meals will be as a group i hope- as long as no one organises it!

Personally we both prefere the stop when convienient principle....Pub lunches are expensive to me and tend to drag on too long......

Mind you if there's a howling gale and it's hissing down I tend to have other thoughts :ph34r:

mike

Just a quick question.

I nearly missed this topic altogether, and I'm sure some others would have done - Why isn't it in the Forum Calendar? Surely it's exactly what that was meant for?

We are all waiting for someone else to put it in the forum calendar. :) Go ahead Sotal, add it.

- in fact, I never even thought of it.

Chris

For the purposes of working out the groups for laning, please read this thread so that we don't have to waste valuable laning time sorting this out on Saturday morning.

Ta

Mo

Mo how will we know who is who :blink: perhaps you could fly a distinguishing flag from your mast so your gang can all follow Japanese tourist style :P

I do not have CB, is this a blessing or disadvantage?

John

A CB is not essential but useful to have, those without may find themselves the butt of jokes from those who have however as they won't be able to hear ;) They're good for a bit of banter and advance warning of hazards !

I'll attempt to sort out a meeting time and place for Pete, Mike, Grant and Tris to join us, John, most likely it will be the hotel car park :)

Lunch at a nice spot :) Recommendations welcome.

Those in our group who's mobile numbers I don't have please pm them to me (need one per car)

Cheers

Mo

I shall be in this Ninety:

310820081144s.jpg

I'm meeting Mike and Margaret en route so only Martin has to find me... but if you're in someone else's group, don't follow me if you think I look like I know where I'm going. You'll be wrong on two counts...

Saturday night: Do we want to get three or four designated drivers and head out to a big country pub with a varied menu which can take us all, or look to two or three separate tables in restaurants in Ashbourne and then pub drinkies afterwards? I can't think of anywhere in Ashbourne that'll serve a large number of us with a varied menu to suit all.

Margaret here - again trying to get organised !.

Mike & I have booked the evening meal option at the hotel so what is the plan? For what it is worth may I suggest everyone makes their own plans for dinner then we all meet at a named hostelry for chat etc.

margaret (mrs g)

Right - what little organising I intend to do, I have done.

My group will be leaving Sainsbury's car park in Ashbourne at 9am on Saturday, and 9am on Sunday.

I will be eating on Saturday night at the Knockerdown Inn for about 7pm. I expect the pub will be happy to feed a group of us if we want to turn up; I've not booked anything though. I will not be drinking and I'm happy to take as many people as can fit in my hardtop Ninety.

After a meal in the pub I'll be enjoying a pint in the Green Man and Black's Head at the bottom of the Market Place in Ashbourne - chosen because it has the longest pub sign in England(?) so even Mo should be able to find it.

greenman.JPG

I'm really looking forward to getting out on the lanes again and seeing a few friendly people from here - it should be a lot of fun.

PS Still a few places for camping left - PM me if you want to book.

Although there are obviously muddy bits to contend with, the lanes in the Peaks are mostly stony affairs so, unless we've had weeks of rain (which means it needs to stop now :)) then you'll be fine. If a lane needs more than MTs then we shouldn't be driving it in the numbers we're discussing here.