axle breathers

g90

Can I just revive this so that I can get a clear idea of what I need to buy to make up my kit.....

A full kit would comprise of front and rear axle, transfer box, fuel tank, (manual) gearbox bell housing, timing cover.

Mine is a TD5 so the axles and transfer box already have the required to push fit the 6mm tube.

I'm told the timing cover doesn't have a breather on the TD5?

The gearbox often has a wading plug fitted - what size is this? so that I might source a fitting for it that I can run more 6mm pipe from.

I've no info on the fuel tank fittings?

Can anyone confirm the above for me?

For TD5 no wading plugs are needed.

You'll need about 7m of 6mm OD tubing, and a 'Y' or inline push fit. Use new tubing to extend front and rear axles. I took both into engine bay. I snipped off bend in gearbox breather in engine bay and used a Y push fit to join with front breather and then extended this and rear breather up to top of snorkel. Instead you could snip off gearbox breather U-bend and fit an inline push fit to extend it with some extra pipe and take all 3 breathers up snorkel.

TD5 Fuel tank breathers' have a good non return valve so don't need extending.

Holes on bottom of ECU can be sealed. And if you want to wade deeper than seat height then you should really relocate Engine and Alarm ECU's and under seat fuse box and ABS/ETC ECU if fitted.

Steve

You're both hero's !

top info, thank you gentlemen.

Just for curiosity - why does the TD5 not need wading plugs? is it all sealed?

One more for a easiness please! where does the gearbox breather come into the engine bay? I think I have a woods for trees thing going on...