Head Gasket or Piston Rings?

Jason2

All back together weeks ago and guess what?

Smokes exactly the same as it did before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(

Disheartening isn't it. i've been through much of what you've tried also, had the head removed, skimmed all the valve guides replaced, valve seals. Changed the piston rings and made no difference. came to the conclusion that it was the cylinder bores that were worn and needed re-boring. that was going to be too much of an expense/time consuming so I gave up on the engine and baught a 2.5nad for £400 off ebay. It hasn't had much of a run after changing it but it doesn't smoke at all. At the end of the day it's an old engine and you have to decide weather its worth carrying on or cheeper to just replace it.

Let us know how you get on! :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Lee

Disheartening isn't it. i've been through much of what you've tried also, had the head removed, skimmed all the valve guides replaced, valve seals. Changed the piston rings and made no difference. came to the conclusion that it was the cylinder bores that were worn and needed re-boring. that was going to be too much of an expense/time consuming so I gave up on the engine and baught a 2.5nad for £400 off ebay. It hasn't had much of a run after changing it but it doesn't smoke at all. At the end of the day it's an old engine and you have to decide weather its worth carrying on or cheeper to just replace it.

Let us know how you get on! :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Lee

Cheers Lee that makes me feel a bit better ;)

When I get time I'm going to have a look at the fuel side of things, injectors,pump,pipes & timing!

Will keep you posted.

Jason