MSA roll cage spec.

Steve 90

With the likelihood of MSA approval on roll cages looming ever more possible, also the XTC events looking as if MSA approval will be necessary, I can't see as I have any choice other than to be sure the cage on the new build/rebuild/whatever it ends up being is in line with the MSA spec.

Can anyone confirm (as in you know its fact rather than "I think it'll be OK") if its OK to run the rear roll cage stays from chassis (yes I know it has to be chassis) to the outer top corners of the rear/main hoop? Or must the stays be parallel? As far as I can make out from the different examples its fine to have them going to the corners but I think its wise to check.

I have found this which is excellent http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=14161 (thanks Nige) but certain parts are hard to read as the writing is a little poor where its been scanned in. Does anyone know where else I may be able to find the blue book? I assume its available from the AWDC which I will look into but could do with some info a little quicker if possible.

Cheers.

Steve.