Where to by Sankey service parts

freeagent

I've got a Narrow track Sankey trailer, I need to service/ replace the hub bearings/ Oil seals...

I've got the Sankey manual of the internet, so have all the part numbers, but what I don't know is where to buy them...

I understand that some items may be the same as series Landrover bits, does anyone have a list of which Sankey parts are the same as Series parts?

I've got a Narrow track Sankey trailer, I need to service/ replace the hub bearings/ Oil seals...

I've got the Sankey manual of the internet, so have all the part numbers, but what I don't know is where to buy them...

I understand that some items may be the same as series Landrover bits, does anyone have a list of which Sankey parts are the same as Series parts?

Not sure of parts supplier but I noted a link for these people off the forum, a while ago.

http://www.bearingboys.co.uk/

who do taper roller bearings and oil seals, you just need a micrometer or a good description in parts list. Let me know if any luck/how you get on as I will need to do mine at some point.

Pete

Thanks guys, I'm not sure I need an anti roll bar thingy, as my little trailer isn't fitted with one, and the springs are so stiff i can't see it rolling much anyway!

I was under the impression that the bearings/ seals are series landrover items, what I don't know, is if this is trrue, and which series parts are interchangeable...

cheers,

Matt.

I'll pop into work this afternoon and see what paperwork the fitter section have left over. As we have backloaded all but 1 of our narrow tracks. And that is sat forlornly at the back of camp all alone, being used to prop up a roadsign at the moment :(

Went in there this PM. They have backloaded all the peper copies of AESP's and manuals. They threw out all the spares and I don't have any bearings/seals etc in my spares pack ;) .

Just about to get rid of a few spares later. But will have some stuff left over. If you need any other stuff let me know andI'll see what I can do. The person collecting the parts might want other stuff so will PM you later as to what's left if you want

Walfy, thanks for your help.. I don't need much in the way of spares beyond whats needed to rebuild/ replace wheel bearings, as my Sankey no longer has brakes, (Scrapped them as MAM will not exceed 750KG) and I reckon I can use series shocks when I need to replace those on there at the moment...

The wheel bearings are the same as on SII/SIII 88". Outer or inner I don't remember, (I think outer...) but both bearings are the same on the Sankey. Measure and compare. ;)

Edited to say that I found the invoice for my wheel bearings. The geezer who sold them didn't write down the part No...

• 11 years later...