The Range Rover failed the Costa Rica MOT

RR370

Well than was an experience last night. I've worked on the 83 RR for months, got it running really well and it failed on the CO level. should be 4.6% but was 10.0%

Their test is similar to the UK MOT but the sniffer test is only at idle with no rollers test. I didn't have a timing light or CO tester to check before so I took pot luck and lost. They also said my exhaust was too much noise...hahahah So I've worked with SU/Stombergs for years but I'm always willing to learn more. Any tips? My exhaust is a mish mash of different pipes so I have a tubular manifold and system to fit which should help. I also have K+N cone filters on the carbs as the filter box was damaged. I guess the carbs are worn a little but if I can get them to give a good figure at idle that's all I need.

Thanks

I started to fit the tbular manifold last night. The origninal cast manifold was fitted with no gaskets and were of different designs left and right. Maybe this is normal but looked strange to me.

Any comment on what cast manifolds should be there? also I have a tubular manifold for a V8 LR will this fit the RR?