How do you wash yours??????????

Nobbymogs

well after many hours on the drive yesterday jetwashing i was wondering how every 1 else copes

it took me about 3 hrs cleaning the purple thing and then about another 3 clearing up the drive before the wife come home i think there were a total of 6 - 8 buckets of mud removed. normally we try and go to the local garage but this time i had no drive

plus to top it all off i blocked the drains and now ive looked underneath still aint clean

Nobby

I normaly steam it off in my yard and all the mud and water runs into the scafolders yard down wind to me... then i do it again a few days later so when im underneath i dont get too much cr@p in my eyes.. and yes it allways looks like it could do with a dam good clean. :blink:

Jeff.

Luckily I have the facilities to wash mine down at a works premises also with a very high pressure cleaner. It did take 3 hours through and a spade to clean up the worse.

However the cambelt broke on the way home, gutted. :angry: Can’t decide if I’m pleased that I finished the event and then it broke or just annoyed that it has broken. :(

I use the curtains .

No but seriously I am lucky enough to wash mine at work , over a gridded pit , And depending on whats in the yard at the time I tend to lift either end up and give it a thorough clean , Takes me well over 3 hours some days depending where I have put it .

I use the curtains .

No but seriously I am lucky enough to wash mine at work , over a gridded pit , And depending on whats in the yard at the time I tend to lift either end up and give it a thorough clean , Takes me well over 3 hours some days depending where I have put it .

which is why you get someone else to do it instead in about an hour then.......

i use a hot water pressure washer in a field parked ona steep slope so you can get in under

takes about an hour to 90mins, used to take twice as long with a cold water washer.

i use a hot water pressure washer in a field parked ona steep slope so you can get in under

takes about an hour to 90mins, used to take twice as long with a cold water washer.

Well why have a dog and bark youself ,

Just for the record ,I have an apprentice Dean (Stoopz) who gets all narked if anyone else washes my truck , (Strange lad)

What it is to be rich and carefree with money :o:o:o:o

A hot water pressure washer to be used about once or twice a year ;) . Such extravagance :lol:

i ring the wife when we are about 15 minutes away and she gets the steam cleaner out ready

back straight in the back field remove ropes and hooks, ropes go in washer, steamclean the car of on trailer

trailer has mesh floor so all mud drops in field, drive trailer onto drive, back car of and into garage on ramp, lift ramp and place heaters underneath to dry of

Glyn comes round day after and cleans his

we have had to grade the field a couple of times so the gate will shut must have brought home about 3-4 tonne in the last few years

Takes me about 1 1/2 hours over a gridded pit with a drain. Its on the industrial estate where I work, they used to complain when I washed it in front of my unit as they would get their shineys all splashed with UK mud. The grid is superb as I just wash all the mud into the pit then some mug cleans it out twice a year, and its free..

I do not use the Landrover off road much these days but when I did, and now with the quad, I prefer to take 100l of water to site in a drum and use a petrol jetwasher to clean the car/bike on site before I go home. That way I have no mud disposal issues at home and the mud is still soft enough to be easy to get off.

Chris