Conversion from LHD to RHD.

Hello guys!! Hope all of you are doing great!

I need some help! I have a Defender TD5 2001 110 crew cab. Its left hand drive at the moment and I need to convert it to right hand drive. I don't know what new parts i will be needing and which old ones can be utilized. If any one has done this before or if they know what I'm going to need, please help me.

Or if there is some one who can sells all the parts in a shape of a conversion kit. I will really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance.

I do not know where you are located, but as you probably do not have a use for the LHD parts anymore, I would be interested.

From memory, and there could be more parts needed:

Swivel house

Steering box and some of the rods/components

Heater assembly

Dash

Handbrake assembly

Wiper assembly

I believe there is a topic on this. Check the Tech Archive forum, as most questions related to this are to change RHD into LHD.

I think if you have a dig around on here there are people wanting to make the change the other way around.... I would suggest getting in touch with them and doing a swap/ exchanging parts.....

Yup i will be ready to do the parts exchange if some one wants the LHD drive parts.

Would some one know a dismantler who can supply the parts needed for the conversion?

Yup i will be ready to do the parts exchange if some one wants the LHD drive parts.

Would some one know a dismantler who can supply the parts needed for the conversion?

Hello,

remember to change front suspensions too. The ones at driver's side are a bit stiffer than the others.

Conversions from RHD to LHD are common here in Italy on imported vehicles, is a big job, but worth if you are planning to keep the Land for a long time.

Ciao

Hello guys!! Hope all of you are doing great!

I need some help! I have a Defender TD5 2001 110 crew cab. Its left hand drive at the moment and I need to convert it to right hand drive. I don't know what new parts i will be needing and which old ones can be utilized. If any one has done this before or if they know what I'm going to need, please help me.

Or if there is some one who can sells all the parts in a shape of a conversion kit. I will really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance.

In the last 2-3 months of LRM magazine there has been a write up of Lindsay Porter's 110 TD5 CSW being converted LHD to RHD and the parts list is very extensive including new bulkhead etc.

Maybe worth the cost of a few back copies and the current mag to read what's involved. His was done by Nene Overland, so I suspect they would have a parts listing and a good idea of costs involved.

Cheers

Steve

In the last 2-3 months of LRM magazine there has been a write up of Lindsay Porter's 110 TD5 CSW being converted LHD to RHD and the parts list is very extensive including new bulkhead etc.

Maybe worth the cost of a few back copies and the current mag to read what's involved. His was done by Nene Overland, so I suspect they would have a parts listing and a good idea of costs involved.

Cheers

Steve

Been a useful read. Also a few tips for those considering a bulkhead swap of any type.