Landrover dealer snobbery!

1STDISCO

My mate's uncle was the CEO of vodafone europe. Absolutely loaded, but dressed like a right tramp when not at work.

Anyway, he decided he wanted a new Ferrari.

Walks into the showroom, and the salesman smiles condescendingly and says, "Just dreaming are we sir?"

My mate's uncle says, "No actually I want this Ferrarri, with the top interior and comfort package (about three hundred K's worth of car). And as you've been so condescending, I want all the commision to go to that other guy sat over there!"

Apparently the look on the guys face was priceless, apparently the garage operated on a couple of percent commission, so the guy lost out on six grand!

When I win the lottery that would be me :rofl:

I just wanted to share a completely contrasting story regarding an independant dealer as a contrast to the new dealers -

I went to CR Cars near Alton looking to buy a Discovery 2, in my old clothes driving my very battered and very modified 1989 Discovery. When I got out i was plesantly greated by one of the two guys who runs it who even made a joke about the reasonable quantity of oil that was dropping out of my Discovery onto his very clean forecourt.

After a while of brousing and asking questions I put a cash deposit on a £7.5k disco and left a happy man.

Now why can't main dealers be like that? Is it so hard to treat everybody like they want to buy something?

As an example I build very expensive boats (£90k to £400k) and at boats show we always get 'window shoppers' but you have to treat everybody the same because as has been shown above that guy in the jeans and t-shirt may just have a couple of hundred £k in his pocket. Roman Abromivich visited me at recent show wearing jeans and a polo shirt for example and I didn't reconise him - now if I'd have judged him by his apprence and ignored him I could be very unpopular with my boss!

LR snobbery can be fun. Back some 3 years ago a workmate and I saw exactly the Disco we wanted on a main dealer forecourt.

We had just left a building site, and it was a cold dark evening.

The stunning receptionist and the sales team blanked us.

The screen price was £21,995. A young lad was finally dispatched to get rid of us. He nervously explained that this was his first day on the sales floor- and which vehicle did we want to test drive.

WE explained that we did not want to test drive anything- but that we wanted to buy that motor there, and if it didn't drive perfectly his manager would be the first to know- just prior to the Disco going through said showroom window.

The young lad looked pretty pleased with himself, as he went over to the leering senior sales people, with a cheque for £5000.

Coffee/biscuits etc where suddenly made available, together with sales managers full attention. We blanked him.

Still got the Disco.