RIMS FOR hILUX MK1

winchtime

I would expect most steel wheel manufacturers would be able to help out...? If your looking for a standard rim you may strugle with anything over 7"... Or keep an eye out at the jap 6 stud 4x4's untill you figure out what would suit you best...

I think everything like that I had has been chucked or sold...

HI Peter,

as I said on PM the early rims are very narrow in 16" format. I spent ages looking for 16" rims to fit my Nissan axles under the Disco and in the end I bit the bullet and bought new white eight spokes for around £30 each! The scrapyards were asking £50 a wheel for L200 steel rims!!!!!

Mark

O/T what happened at the weekend Pete??

Plus as Mark said just buy 8 spokes there cheap as chips :P

Well another 1hr competition for me! I found too many horse power and shuved it through the rear axle, bending both radius arms in half snapping the prop and shocks! Not something i could do at the lorry really. I am sort of hoping that i might last the time at the next one as have not done well this year.

As for the wheels, i am struggling to get inbetween the trees on the events with the std 8 spoke wheels and can't get cheap and nasty wheels with a positive offset.

Anyone know where to get Mk1 Hilux rims in steel 16in with different offsets. I want a positive offset so that the wheel move towards the vehicle.

Any suggestions much appreciated. :huh:

Edited by Les - this a heavily modified Land Rover vehicle.

LC80 steel rims are still available from Toyota for about £80 a pop

they have about 1" more offset than hi luz rims, are 18x8 and built like the proverbial ****house!

Well another 1hr competition for me! I found too many horse power and shuved it through the rear axle, bending both radius arms in half snapping the prop and shocks! Not something i could do at the lorry really. I am sort of hoping that i might last the time at the next one as have not done well this year.

As for the wheels, i am struggling to get inbetween the trees on the events with the std 8 spoke wheels and can't get cheap and nasty wheels with a positive offset.

Peter, Can you not cut out and move/turn round the center's?

LC80 steel rims are still available from Toyota for about £80 a pop

they have about 1" more offset than hi luz rims, are 18x8 and built like the proverbial ****house!

They're the rims I'm running on my Discovery - awesome bits of kit. Mine now sport weld on beadlocks giving effectively 9.5" wide and loads of offset (which is not what you want!)

As said above many late model pickups feature 16" steels with good inset - Hilux, Navara and L200. All are only 6" to 6.5" wide though. As per my PM my 'trailer' 16" hilux wheels cost £19 off ebay with 4 good all terrain tyres :lol: