Front springs & shocks for PTO Winch

Hi all,

Looking under my landie last night I noticed that the front springs and dampers are absolutely shot! :unsure::( I knew they were going to need replacing but looks like it is going to have to be very soon. :( The vehicle is a 1983 110 CSW converted to crew cab and fitted with a 200 tdi disco engine and gearbox, fitted with 31" Kumho tyres, no suspension lift. All done by the previous owner. The vehicle is mainly used for towing and off-road wise it only ever has to do muddy fields. I also have a PTO winch to fit to it. What would be the most suitable front springs and dampers to fit? I have a new set of police spec range rover springs, would these be any good?

Plan will be to change the rear springs and dampers as well in the near future.

Thanks

Ed

I'm running a PTO superwinch on my hybrid. Front springs are Britpart DA4203 (+2" med duty rears) with +2" procomp ES9000's.

That does make it pretty high, but gives a good stable ride for towing on the road. Off road it moves a fair bit, but not as much as I'd like.

When the time comes to replace I might go for some Defender 130 front springs and spacer plates. If you don't want a lift then I'd say the 130 fronts are the way to go. Standard springs are under-rated IMO.

NRC9448/NRC9449 are the "standard" HD springs for the front of a 110. Rated at 225lbs/inch. They lifted the front of mine by 40 mm with a MileMarker hydraulic. Even if they are stiffer, they are not uncomfortable in any way. Actually improves the drive on bad roads.