Gearbox oil

I want to change my gearbox oil tomorrow on the main gearbox (LT77). Would ATF Q3 be ok to use as i already have some in the garage? Would changing the oil improve gear change as the box was really smooth until i put the landy in storage for a couple of months and now its really notchy.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Paul

I cannot give high enough praise for MTF94 I bought some from my local LR dealer and it cost £28 inc vat for 5 litres so only used half but what a diference it has made

still nochy but much quieter and almost from day one, at first I thought it was the old placebo effect but no, it realy has helped.I have had so many people say "if land rover meant to put it in they would have done" but I think they are missing the point. things move on and improvements are made. Land rovr may not be too happy to admit that their old oil is carp. Try it.

Thankyou all for the help. Replaced the oil today and it has made a huge difference, its like driving a new car again. Whilst i appear to be on a roll i want to replace the oil in the transfer case tomorrow. Would i be right in thinking the transfer case uses EP90?