Mot? How can this happen

d1scv

That's bloody stupid answer from someone who ought to know better. Don't be so obtuse Les - your comment is somewhat less than helpful, and I for one don't find it funny in the least.

D1SCV - you've been very badly advised by whoever you spoke to I'm afraid. The circumstances you describe suggest that the vehicle may well be stolen, and therefore it should be looked at.

As you've not filled out your profile, so I've no idea where you are (therefore don't know which force you spoke to). I may be able to help - drop me a PM.

If what you say is true (ie, that you have fake paperwork etc) then there is unlikely to be smoke without fire, as it were. The comment about the vehicle being seized is true to a point, but it depends on the circumstances. If you bought it from a dealer, they should refund you. As I said before, the vehicle, if stolen, cannot be your property - it'll belong to the insurance company or the original owner. It may just be that the paperwork has been screwed up - but either way, you need to sort it.

Matt

Firstly, I am grateful for ALL thoughts on this matter. Bear in mind that I just got a £30 on the spot - no post code on my number plate!

I am almost certain that this motor is not stolen. I have now got LRs records of this vehicle up to 160k. Currently showing 86k 2 years further on.

This is the simple version=

9/11/2006 Mot carried out at 155,464

27/2/07 Work carried out at LR at 161k

4/5/07 Mot carried out at 74,308

I then bought in July 07 at around 76k- with full service history verifying this 76k. All false.

Trading standards are showing interest. But the Met police blanked it. The garage appears to have changed names slightly, but I think I can establish a connection.

If anyone can help I will be happy to forward the full story- which proves criminal activity.

All vehicle registration plates must now have both the suppliers name and post code

All the regs change again on the 1st November :angry:

Tim,

Only to the effect that any anyone who produces a plastic plate which has a number plate on it must produce it to the required standard - ie it must be a BS kitemarked plate with the right font etc etc etc....

Matt

Not quite Matt

We have had a standard since Sept 2001

As of the 1st Nov that standard changes

The plate can then only show the BS mark and Plate manufacturers name,,

The registered assembler must then only put their name and post code,,along with the standard script for the reg number !! ie no more logo's,, web address, or telephone numbers etc

Been doing our artwork this week,, and trying to use up the old stock of logo plates :(

Not quite Matt

We have had a standard since Sept 2001

As of the 1st Nov that standard changes

The plate can then only show the BS mark and Plate manufacturers name,,

The registered assembler must then only put their name and post code,,along with the standard script for the reg number !! ie no more logo's,, web address, or telephone numbers etc

Been doing our artwork this week,, and trying to use up the old stock of logo plates :(

Typical. That'll teach me to read the regs properly! :rolleyes:

All the best Tim.

Matt

Typical. That'll teach me to read the regs properly! :rolleyes:

All the best Tim.

Matt

No problem Matt,, It's all to make your job a tad easier :o Just leaves us to put £60 odd in the bin :blink:

Back to d1, and his current problem,,

You need to write to the dealer you bought it from,, with copies to Trading standards,, with any evidence you have in suspecting the mileage show is not a true reflection of total done,, Have you still a copy of the advert ?? with the mileage shown ??

Has the dealer now gone completely, or just a name change with the same people ?? One disadvantage of not using a well established dealer !!

If they acknowledge that they sold you the Disco, then you stand a chance,, Hopefully trading standards will pay them a visit

Are they in the R M I F ?? may be worth a word with them if so ??

You will need to prove, that if you had know the vehicle had done double the mileage shown, you would not have bought it,, ??