Track measurement problem

Not a Defender problem but any one know what is meant by track in technical details ?

Is it the measurement from the hub centres or the hub extremities or from where the wheel sits on the hub or the outer edge of the wheel/tyre or something else?

Need to know for a project car that I'm thinking of building with a rogue chassis, will it fit or will the hubs stick out too much.? the track on the doner chassis is 5 inches more than the kit car is suposed to have. I was hoping to fit different offset wheels and spats to overcome the problem if the track problem can be sorted.

Not got the chassis yet, just the measurements.

Ta :D

Two different answers there then. :unsure:

If I measure between the middle of each stub axle, :blink: maybe not that easy.

Need to wait and see I think as I cant think how different things will be when fitted.

As long as both manufacturers (BMC and TVR) measure from the same points then we should be OK :)

Yep, had a look and agree that it is the middle of the tyre.

So as I see it, the body had narrow wheels with a centre line directly under the hub and the car that the chassis came from had wider wheels with a dish so the centre line would be a little further out.

If I fit Minilites on with little or no dish then the track will be little different, maybe an inch each side so all in all it's looking good.

Thanks all