ACE Filter change

boaterboy

My vehicle is a 2002 TD5 Discovery fitted with ACE. The 72k mile service calls for the ACE filter in the valve block to be replaced. The garage reported that the filter was unable to be changed because the plug was found to be seized and could tear out and damage the ACE block. Has anyone experienced a similar problem and, if so, how was it resolved, please? Thank you for your help.

Les, the photo you posted is the air silencer on an LP Range Rover.The ACE filter on DII's is screwed into the bottom of the alloy valve block bolted to the outside face of the chassis,under the drivers side.(RHD)

Outside of main dealers the filter rarely gets changed,so if the fluid is clean I would not worry about it.If the filter blocked enough to restrict fluid flow it would soon log a response fault and put the light on.I think I'd concentrate my efforts on stopping the ACE pipes from rusting/leaking.

Les, the photo you posted is the air silencer on an LP Range Rover.The ACE filter on DII's is screwed into the bottom of the alloy valve block bolted to the outside face of the chassis,under the drivers side.(RHD)

Outside of main dealers the filter rarely gets changed,so if the fluid is clean I would not worry about it.If the filter blocked enough to restrict fluid flow it would soon log a response fault and put the light on.I think I'd concentrate my efforts on stopping the ACE pipes from rusting/leaking.

Thank you very much for what appears to be a most well informed reply. I appreciated your speedy response.

• 12 years later...

Hi.

The warning light just came on in my Land Rover 2005 LR3. Can someone tell me where the valve is located and

how/what I need to do to change or add fluid if needed. 

Thanks.

Steve

The ACE warning light