Parabolics

landyliam

Les

After you have kitted the 88" out you can compare paras to Ltwt springs. Several folk have said that I may as well stick with std as Ltwt ones are virtually as good as paras. Not having experienced paras I would not know.

Chris

parabolics but not the cheap balck ones from paddocks the green ones are the best try procomp for kits

I have green ones on the lightweight, and blue ones on the IIa. Both are very much worth the money, although the blue ones do seem a bit more flexible.

(Blue = TIC and Green = Rocky Mountain)

Cheers

Mark

so just to add to the dilema i see i now have to decide on what type of parabolics to fit, sod that, i think i'll stick with the standard springs and buy my wife new curtains with the money i'll save (as if :) )

• 2 weeks later...
I have green ones on the lightweight, and blue ones on the IIa. Both are very much worth the money, although the blue ones do seem a bit more flexible.

(Blue = TIC and Green = Rocky Mountain)

Cheers

Mark

... so anyome make pink ones?

depending on what you read, don't British springs make the TIC ones? And they also supply Paddocks; not sure if they'll be the same as the very cheap Paddocks ones ... and again depending on what you hear, Paddocks are good or bad.

Rememebr you need to fit longer shocks, again procom es3000 (?) are good but better are es9000, slightly more expensive but harder to find, again opinions vary here, some suggerst (like CPercect?) using es1000.

and opinions from otheres is that properly maintained leafs that are not rusted to bu88ery like most are after 30 years, are pretty good too.....

The improvement with Parabolics is so great, why would anyone even consider putting normal springs on?

I replaced my 1 year-old regular springs with Rocky Mountain Para's (and new shocks) and couldn't beleave the IMPROVEMENT.

Greg S

1970 109 SW (with Para's)

I found Para's such an improvement that I'd happily pay the extra for the springs and wouldn't care anymore if the price of fuel went up.

yeah but you aslo need to get longer travel shocks to reap the benefit. (this is one of my long term changes but not sure if the increase in hieght will mean I can no longer drive under my garage door.)

Liam..

I put para's that Andrew got me along with Monro Shocks and Poly bushes onto my old Tiger and it was completly different, for the better...!!!

Go on, change them...

Alot more fun for your money than curtains...!!!

Oh, and nice to see you around here...

Drongo

had a wee peek over at chris perfect but at £478 :o for the full kit i think i'll give it a miss, if i was driving the series every day it'd be worth it but i'm only using for off roading.

And who would pay nearly £800 for power steering!!!

Sadly, got no pictures of the RM's articulating. I can try and get some, but it will be a few weeks before I get a chance.

The lightweight (by it's nature) is heavier than a standard 88" series 3, and it has a Gas tank and a roll hoop added. I would still not call it a heavy truck though it still has it's orginal (if modified) 2286 petrol.

It is on Procomp Shocks too, whereas the IIa is on Standards on the rear, and Koni adjustables on the front.

I will see what I can do about pictures...

Cheers

Mark