90 Fuel tanks

Rocket

Hi Guys

In order to extend the overall Fuel capacity of a V8 90 is it possible to fit an additional fuel tank from a later 90 model? I notice the filler position is at the rear on a TD5 Does this mean the Fuel tank is at the rear too?

:huh:

I may eventually go to LPG and would like to know what options there are for fitting LPG tanks without affecting off road ability or filling the loadspace. It may be that the only practical position for the LPG tank is under the drivers seat instead of the present petrol tank. In which case I would need an additional petrol tank elsewhere.

Ideas anyone?

Hi Guys

In order to extend the overall Fuel capacity of a V8 90 is it possible to fit an additional fuel tank from a later 90 model? I notice the filler position is at the rear on a TD5 Does this mean the Fuel tank is at the rear too?

:huh:

I may eventually go to LPG and would like to know what options there are for fitting LPG tanks without affecting off road ability or filling the loadspace. It may be that the only practical position for the LPG tank is under the drivers seat instead of the present petrol tank. In which case I would need an additional petrol tank elsewhere.

Ideas anyone?

Yeah got a rear tank for my 90 300 TDi. Got it from wh wheel carrers

Stills up from the same filler as the front one.

tankup.jpg

tank.jpg

Yeah got a rear tank for my 90 300 TDi. Got it from wh wheel carrers

Stills up from the same filler as the front one.

tankup.jpg

tank.jpg

Reads90

Wow just what I'm after! How much of a work up was it? Did anything have to be removed or relocated (exhaust system etc)? What can it hold? Do you transfer from one to the other or switch the supply over to the other tank when the first gets low? Is this a stand LR tank or a special? Have the suppliers got a website or a phone number?

Cheeres :D:D:D

Here's a couple of pics of my build that might help. Fitted a TD5 tank into a 90 chassis. Didn't keep the standard tank. Welded up a couple of extra brackets onto the tank guard to attach it to the chassis. Had to trim some metal from the rear tub support brackets as they were very close to the tank. Little bit of a squeeze to get it in place, but nothing to difficult

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0022.jpg

Moved the filler using a part from a series landy.

DSCF0011.jpg

Random002.jpg