engine inhibiting

Hello everybody

was wondering if anybody has any idea about engine inhibiting, the reason i ask is that i have my 200tdi ready to fit to my project chassis however the chassis will not be ready for a little while. the engine is on blocks on my workshop floor with all open connections blanked off to prevent ingress of moisture as far as possible and it is drained of oil at present.

at work we inhibit our gas turbine engines if they are removed or left unused for over 3 weeks, with engine oil.

i see no reason why i cant top my engine up with fresh enigne oil but could be an expensive use of oil (as i would drain and fill with fresh before first use) a mate at work said i could top it up with diesel as this would have the added benifit of giving it a good clean inside as well. is this possible?

cheers for looking

will

you'll be using OM11 or OX27 at work then :D wonder how I know that :i-m_so_happy:

as the engine is complete soak some clean rags in oil old or new doesn't really matter & place them in the manifold openings, any damp air will then be inhibited from getting in the engine & if you can get some of the brown 'moldy wrap' paper or the oil impregnated paper wrap that around any other parts like the flywheel/water pump.

western

cheers for you advice will do that tomorrow/next week. you mentoned the fly wheel it has been exposed to moisture and has started to get a 'flash' of corrosion over it, will i be able to sand this off and then protect it untill re fitment with something similar to px24.

or will the sanding affect the weight somehow?

a light coating of surface rust won't hurt it, I'd try some green scotchbrite & px24 to remove it & then give it a coat of px24 or px32, both can be removed with mek or lotoxane.

see if you can 'obtain' some silica gel crystals in a cloth bag, they will keep any moisture at bay for a while.