Diff lock wiring

africanpete

Hi

Have just fitted a new transfer case (with diff lock) to my 03 D2 that came without diff lock as standard!

I can't seem to find the wiring plugs that connect onto the switches on the T-case, I thought that all the looms were standard for the D2's regardless of what equipment was fitted but as it turns out I thought wrong, or half wrong as I've found other wiring for switches etc that I have used

Does anyone know if the wires are tucked away somewhere or if it is possible to add/buy the missing section of loom?

Any other ideas welcome

Cheers

Pete

I believe that the early D2's came with diff lock as standard with it then becoming an option from around 2001/2 onwards, something to do with the TC?

The T cases found on D2's could be grouped as: Full diff lock - diff lock parts in case but without linkage to lever and then what I had, no diff lock and no linkage.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a wiring diagram for the gearbox/transfer case loom, hoping it will be relatively straight forward to get the switches connected.

Cheers

Pete

Hi

Have just fitted a new transfer case (with diff lock) to my 03 D2 that came without diff lock as standard!

I can't seem to find the wiring plugs that connect onto the switches on the T-case, I thought that all the looms were standard for the D2's regardless of what equipment was fitted but as it turns out I thought wrong, or half wrong as I've found other wiring for switches etc that I have used

Does anyone know if the wires are tucked away somewhere or if it is possible to add/buy the missing section of loom?

Any other ideas welcome

Cheers

Pete

Is it just for indication or does it include a revertive for the traction control system?

Just a thought.

Do I presume correctly that if the t/box already has the lock, but no linkage, the only thing you need is the linkage? But, if you don't have either, you need the lock, the linkage and the wiring loom from a later model....??

Sorry if this seems like a dim question, but I can't work out what the wiring loom would be needed for as I thought all models had TC as standard - I could be wrong on that, though - so no additional wiring would be needed.....

You don't need a harness for diff lock to work, it's only needed if you want to have the diff lock light in the dash working.

The problem of the missing connector is for the 2003 models only, like the topic initiator has, the ones that were not supposed to have diff lock, not even as an option.

Here's the same problem described and solved by a NAS D2 owner: http://www.discoweb.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45751 (if someone wants to see the pics but doesn't want to join, PM me).

Same thing for the other spec D2s, but different part #s - don't use the part# you find there if the vehicle isn't NAS!!!

My advice is not to presume anything. Search for the connector. If it's not there, get the correct harness or get a connector from scrapy and wire it to the main harness according to the electrical diagrams.

Pete, check out the Ashcroft Transmissions website they tell you what to look for and can supply one or both kits needed to get it working.

At this time Ashcrofts can only supply you with the parts that go in the T-case, they are currently developing a gear linkage incl. lever as these are no longer available from LR and they are very rare second hand.

Cipx2, thanks for the link and advice, for some reason I cant log in to my D-web account, could you PM the pics please

Cheers

Peter