Come-up Freespool problem?

Brought a secondhand Come Dv9000 awhile ago and have just got around to fitting it. But the Free spool function is pretty hard to use? It needs a fair amount of oomph! to get it spooling? Ran the winch a few time with load and without and it seems to run O.K......But the freespool is still hard. What possible issues could affect this? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

PG winches "Guru" will be my next port of call.

Having same problem with mine at the moment, it has gone before but managed to free it just by pulling it on and off. It now seems to have seized all together, really dont want to strip the whole thing apart. If i rember correctly lots of spray greece worked before, not sure if its the right thing to do though :blink:

Having, stripped the it down. Not a complete strip, but just to check the planetary gears etc. Found that upon re-assembly, the freespool was a little better. But i didnt dis-assemble the brake unit. I am wandering if the brake/clutch has stuck on slighty???