disco L Reg tyres to alloys

neil01

Hi all,

after sorting out the earth problem thanks to all the help i got from you guys i now have a question.

i have the original alloys on the disco and i have the chance to get hold of some 7.5 R16 tyres at a rediculously low price.

will they fit?

thanks in advance

Not without a fair bit of chopping and a suspension lift. If you do a search on here for fitting 235/85R16 tyres, 7.50R16 are about the same size so much the same will be involved to get them on. They are too tall for a standard vehicle, being 32" against about 29" for a standard tyre.

Not without a fair bit of chopping and a suspension lift. If you do a search on here for fitting 235/85R16 tyres, 7.50R16 are about the same size so much the same will be involved to get them on. They are too tall for a standard vehicle, being 32" against about 29" for a standard tyre.

is that for just normal road use? im being offered the tyres for a "drink" so dont really want to turn them down!!!

i am going to set up for off road, just not yet.. ;D

IIRC the clearance issue is mainly at the front/rear of the wheelarches but I am not 100% sure of that.

Get the tyres for a drink and swap or flog them for something more suitable :)

The other thing to consider is that 32" tyres will up your gearing by about 10% which may not do much for the vehicle's driveability, 5th gear will probably become a waste of time unless you are going downhill with a following wind!