charge 24 volts system with 12v charger?

stobbie

but then you also run the risk of blowing up the one you haven't charged....

Can someone explain to me why this could happen? If I charge one battery untill it's full, will the other one stay just as empty? So when I try to start, one battery will charge the other one very (too) fast?

What if I charge each battery for a few hours?

Can someone explain to me why this could happen? If I charge one battery untill it's full, will the other one stay just as empty? So when I try to start, one battery will charge the other one very (too) fast?

What if I charge each battery for a few hours?

Charge each one individually and equally is the best option. Paralleling them or just charging one could lead to strange or dangerous reactions. To get 24v from two 12v batteries they are in series and hence one cannot charge the other, the issue is one providing all the cranking current but having to pass it through the other flat one on the way to the starter. If you don't understand, let me google that for you.