"High Level" Winch Bumpers Members Thoughts 'n Views ?

Hybrid_From_Hell

Hmmm

Much thinking now

I have been in workshop tonight and had a lookie, I think I can redo a new bumper 3" higher than as is, will have to have close lookie and measure up, likely I will make a new bumper from scratch as better quicker and in many ways easier than chopping about the old one, plus a certain forum member came round tonight and has poss 1st dibs on it should I do that

Then this way I can have a working 90 (well, when the wings etc are done) and build up the new winch bumper and then swap over, also if I lift the centre around 3" ish then maybe I will not as suggested need / even have "Wings" - I do like the D4x4 unit for looks and the wings etc, time will tell

Thanks for the input all, need to mull it through the grey cell, but 1st the wings to finish, hopefully this weekend should see them done :ph34r:

If anyone has anymore ideas or thoughts ping them in :)

Nige

Keeping the winch nearer chassis was something I wanted when I made my bumper , so I overlaped the outer ends to raise the approach angle and it has had a few conflicts in anger with many trees and seems to come off better , I guess the overlapping makes it stronger .

PICT0002.jpg

Tsk Tsk, no light lens, poor maintainance I see :P:lol:

Very nice neat solution, like the fact the ends tie in to the side wing bars too,

makes for ferking strong front end - I am asking all my neighbours again for

their empty weetabox / porrisge oats / cornflake packets etc, as cut about they

make for exellent cardboard for the mock up :)

Need to build up "Stock" :rofl:

Nige

Hi,

This is mine which iv modified. cut the mounts off. have sat it on top of the chassis rails and then going to plate and bolt on the old bolts as well as two now on the front xmember between the chassis, bumper has inset ends as well to bring it close to wings.

DSCF0896.jpg

DSCF0529.jpg

Haven't added the front metal but going to fit two swivel recovery eyes directly in front of the chassis rails once i fit them.

James

We had a truck with a hydraulic Ramsey on it which was very strong, we added another support to the middle of the crossmember in the front and bolted it to the underneath of the winch tray never had an issue with it flexing after that, also made a strong central point for towing/anchoring.