disco transfer box into a 300tdi defender

i am rebuilding a 300tdi 90 and i am at the stage of putting the engine and box back into the landy, i have read that fitting a disco transfer box gives better performance how true is this? are there any down sides?

i have a good transfer box from a 200tdi disco, will it work with the gearbox from the 300tdi defender???

have done a search just want to ask somebody who has done this to a 300tdi

many thanks

all i can say is that i have fitted a disco t'box to my '86 110, which has a disco 200tdi, and difference is quite incredible, as for fitting it to a later g'box im sure someone who knows the answer will be along shortly to give u a definitive answer!

but u can always give it a go! :lol:

General opinion is fitting a Disco Tbox is a good move unless you run heavily loaded or tow a lot.

It will fit straight on, may have to mess with handbrake bracketry. Won't increase performance (accleration will be slower) but cruising will be more comfortable (you won't go faster, engine just won't be screaming it's nuts off). If you want to go faster, search the tuning threads after you've swapped boxes.

If you want more advice on this, do a search, has to be one of the most common Defender questions.

General opinion is fitting a Disco Tbox is a good move unless you run heavily loaded or tow a lot.

It will fit straight on, may have to mess with handbrake bracketry. Won't increase performance (accleration will be slower) but cruising will be more comfortable (you won't go faster, engine just won't be screaming it's nuts off). If you want to go faster, search the tuning threads after you've swapped boxes.

If you want more advice on this, do a search, has to be one of the most common Defender questions.

i wil have to agree.. i have just fitted a discovery box into my defender. with tweeked fuel pump and uprated intercool it pullls off much quicker i must say. but i do regret it.

yes towing is a bugger as so are head winds on motorway but it save little more on fuel.

i was told when fitting mine to cut the end thread on the main shaft to makes it sooooo much easyer to put on.. it really did.. it not used for anythink...

i am rebuilding a 300tdi 90 and i am at the stage of putting the engine and box back into the landy, i have read that fitting a disco transfer box gives better performance how true is this? are there any down sides?

i have a good transfer box from a 200tdi disco, will it work with the gearbox from the 300tdi defender???

have done a search just want to ask somebody who has done this to a 300tdi

many thanks

Hi,

Whereabouts are you located. Maybe interested in your old 1.4 box!

Cheers.