Q Reg IBEX insurance

Timmy511

Im considering buy an ibex ive come across, my only problem wit its an early one and its on a Q plate. does this mean it constitutes as a kit car?

how do i explain to the insurance company its essentially a landrover thats more off road biased? would i be better rining a kit car insurance firm?

any advice would be much apreciated.

cheers, Tim.

i would give adrian flux a call they are pretty clued up with most landrover based vehicles, and they tend to be the cheapest. most insurance companies that deal with modified vehicles should know what one is anyway.

NFU have Ibex on the books as a listed vehicle, Q plate is not an issue.

"The most recent work carried out was an overhaul of the transmission with a replacement main shaft, 3 x propshaft U/Js, gaskets, seals, full sycro kit and a new three part clutch kit. It means that the transmission is a bit noisy at the moment, but this is just a case of bedding in."

No, what it means is whoever did it, did a carp job.

Guest diesel_jim
but the aluminium construction means that there are no worries about corrosion and rust.

:hysterical::hysterical: He's obviously never seen the edge of seat boxes dissolve into a pile of white power...

or he's been snorting too much white powder?

Kit car insurance is a great thing. I've got a couple of friends who have Caterhams and they get superbly cheap insurance. For example a Caterham R400 (just over 400 bhp/tonne, 200 bhp, 0-60 in under 4 seconds), garaged in London, £24k agreed value, 5k miles a year and under £500 a year full comp for a 24 year old with 2 years NCB :blink:

Is it this one on fleabay?

link

thats the badger in question.

as ugly as it is, and as horrible as those delorien style door are, for what i intend to do in my landrover it ticks all the boxes. itll mena alot less time an effort preparing the 90 i have now and a much better vehicle after ive done.

i just hope the NFU will be reasonable with the insurance.

how do i explain to the insurance company its essentially a landrover thats more off road biased?

You don't - it's not. If they can't grasp the concept of an Ibex you're best off phoning one of the companies mentioned who does understand. You don't want to find some call centre muppet has put it down as a slightly modded 90 and you're then either under-insured or completely uninsured in the event of something bad happening.

FWIW I'm with Adrian Flux, they'll insure just about anything.

well i rang John Foers, the man who made the ibex i would like to buy. he told me ring liverpoll victoria or the NFU and they will insure you, ok, ill do that i said.

lv's response, im sorry i cant find its registration on my system, so we can quote you.

NFU's response, im sorry, because of your age and because youve not done business with us befor, we wont insure you!

WHAT the fudge is going on, its beyond a joke is this! kit car company next.