1" lift spacers

Will C

Hi all - some of you may have read other threads about what to do for a lift on the front of my classic (it's very heavy with a Mazda 3.5, two battries, winch & bumper, sterring guard etc. In the end I've used (coz I had 'em here goin-a-beggin) a set of britpart Disco rear +50mm Springs. These seem to be working well enough and have given an effective 1" lift to the front. I now want to match the back end but dont want HD ride so I'm planning to make up some 25mm spacers - Has any body done this? Does it work well? any designs appreciated. Will

PS A handy tip - when fitting the front springs I used the spring compressors upside down inside the coils and could then open them from the engine bay once they were in situ. This made it easier to compress & keep the springs straight for locating (instead of wrestling with banana shaped springs)!

I ended up with Britpart HD( +50mm) rear springs at front( custom made HD winch bumper with SW Husky) and some kind( i believe Bearmach) of blue springs( i don't know rating etc) at rear( LPG tank and full size Simex spare wheel). Also i added spring isolators to rear springs. They are acting also as 1cm spacers. I am very satisfied with this setup. Car is leveled and handling( with Procomp shocks) is very good.

Be carefull with lenght of shocks( if they are long enough).

I ended up with Britpart HD( +50mm) rear springs at front( custom made HD winch bumper with SW Husky) and some kind( i believe Bearmach) of blue springs( i don't know rating etc) at rear( LPG tank and full size Simex spare wheel). Also i added spring isolators to rear springs. They are acting also as 1cm spacers. I am very satisfied with this setup. Car is leveled and handling( with Procomp shocks) is very good.

Be carefull with lenght of shocks( if they are long enough).

Thanks for that - your front set up souns similar to mine & I have a set of procomps on another car I'm cannibalising. What are spring isolators?

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update for anyone following the treat - got a nice pair of 25mm alloy spacers off ebay (25quid) and put them in at the weekend - they have transformed the handling - the ride is quite soft in the classic style but the car no longer looks like it's pulling wheelies and the steering and braking have become much more precise. Did a little offroading at the weekend and was pleased with the lift, the car is still normal in terms of road handling. Will ;)

• 2 weeks later...