What to do next?

LittleBlue88

Hi all

Apart from my front axle conversion,im not sure what i should do with the drivetrain next!

SD1 Hi-Comp 3.5 V8 on RR strombergs-still on series gearbox with RR 3.54 diffs

I was thinking of megasquirting it,got access to the remains of a 3.9 plenum assy and wiring loom. Shall i?

Im going to fit LT77 and LT230 converted to 2wd sometime after crimbo which means i will finally be able to give my truck some stick without the clutch destroying itself!

Cam choice? 3.9 or other?

This truck gets used 85% of the time on the road,but i dont want it to become useless off-road.

Any suggestions would be nice,my brain just cant seem to make the decisions!!

I should have expected that :lol: MS it is then unless anyone has any better ideas?

Also.......Fridge,are you running a different cam in your truck? i know the 3.5 is slightly limited in terms of max HP/Torque,i just want to try and extract as much as poss

I'm running a mild cam - V8's are about low-down torque whereas a lot of performance cams are for higher power but lighter vehicles. from what I've seen the 3.9 cam gives a decent bit extra for very little money, next step up would be a cam kit, something like Real Steel's Stump Puller. I'd do one thing at a time though - given that installing a new cam would mean having to re-tune anyway, you may as well do the MS first and then see if you still need more. In an 88" a decent 3.5 should be plenty fun.

You can never have too much power! :lol:

Ive built plenty of 3.9's for work but don't want one myself due to the possibility of getting a bad un'.

I will prob get the 3.9 cam after MS is done and dusted,only this time i will get a genuine one(short story:- 1st engine,cast-off 3.9 cam,chewed it up in 30miles,swarf everywhere! :o )

Also,as im going to lt77,any ideas as to which clutch i should go for? HD preferably

Also,as im going to lt77,any ideas as to which clutch i should go for? HD preferably

Stock RR one made by AP should be fine, it's what I'm running and it's stood up to the abuse of a 4.6. Depends which LT77 you mean, a 4cyl one with an adapter plate or a "proper" V8 one..