fuel pump tweak

hi all

i did the fuel pump tweak on my 200tdi and few weeks later on my brother 300tdi,

well when i did my truck i was muppet and forgot/lost the standerd settings, i did it properly on my brothers and today he wanted it back to standerd,

i had a bain wave to get the lost standerd settings,

for the smoke screw i noticed that where the thread is inside was 2 little groves. so i looked my brothers one and the screw tread was under the groves, so i got a little nail and it sat in both grooves fine. so i did the same to mine and wound it out intill it did the same as brothers truck.

the diaphram is easy the dot facing to the rocker cover

for the start wheel i allso lost the settings, so that nail i used for the smoke screw put in the gap in the star wheel with the point in the far corner and the flat end in the center and marked how far up the nail the center bit went

vice verser for mine and mine was lower much lower then i though was stander, so i mached it with the mark that was standerd on brothers 90 and it worked a treat.

arse about face way of doing it, just dont be a muppet like me a loose the standerd settings.

has anyonw got any advarnce on the screw at the rare of the pump? i belive you have file the welding away to get the sleve off to get to the lock nut?

cheers then

hi all

i did the fuel pump tweak on my 200tdi and few weeks later on my brother 300tdi,

well when i did my truck i was muppet and forgot/lost the standerd settings, i did it properly on my brothers and today he wanted it back to standerd,

i had a bain wave to get the lost standerd settings,

for the smoke screw i noticed that where the thread is inside was 2 little groves. so i looked my brothers one and the screw tread was under the groves, so i got a little nail and it sat in both grooves fine. so i did the same to mine and wound it out intill it did the same as brothers truck.

the diaphram is easy the dot facing to the rocker cover

for the start wheel i allso lost the settings, so that nail i used for the smoke screw put in the gap in the star wheel with the point in the far corner and the flat end in the center and marked how far up the nail the center bit went

vice verser for mine and mine was lower much lower then i though was stander, so i mached it with the mark that was standerd on brothers 90 and it worked a treat.

arse about face way of doing it, just dont be a muppet like me a loose the standerd settings.

has anyonw got any advarnce on the screw at the rare of the pump? i belive you have file the welding away to get the sleve off to get to the lock nut?

cheers then

May I please ask You why he wants it back to standard?

Is there any danger involved doing this tweak?

Marius

May I please ask You why he wants it back to standard?

Is there any danger involved doing this tweak?

Marius

there was judering and it was cutting out for about 3-4seconds so put it back see if it was the tweak but it wasnt was the fuel cut off plug, i must of pulled it out when tweaking

no theres not and yes there is, if you do the tweaks at 180degrees smoke screw, 90degrees diaphram, 90degrees for the star wheel and you will be safe. you can do the screw at the back of the pump which is much easyer i heard!!. here a tread to prove it! if turn up to far and have to much smoke your engine will happely go bang!

http://forums.lr4x4.com/lofiversion/index.php/t24415.html