OT: guess who broke another seat post on Saturday

02GF74

yep. me.

twas a funky control tech supposedly super strong jobbie with internal rib made in Useless S A ; at least this time it did not break right off so no injuries.

then took an hour of ever increasingly brutal hammering to get the broken part in the tube out (drill hole through the frame clamp gap and fit a nail to act as a purchase on the broken bit; nopt elegant but worked).

not a happy bunny. :angry:

I take it we're talking pushbikes here ? :unsure:

Mo

spot on!!

hmm, interesting that someone else had bent theirs too.... why doesn't it surprise me they went bust?

wouldn't have minded so much if it was cheap but it wasn't :angry:

Did consider carbon fibre but looking at a Kore seat post (cheapskate, moi? <_< ) and then stick a short length of 1" exhaust tubing inside it where it leaves the frame. :o

One word:

Thompson [stock equipment on many high end 4 bar linkage FS bikes]

The other consideration is to ensure that you are not running the post beyond the "safety line". It is there for a reason. If you need the seat higher you can get long lengths, and the bike may be too small for you.

cheers

John

'00 Haro XCS

'96 AMP B3

'94 Trek 7000 [now single speed]

'88 Murrey Beach Cruiser

'99 Kona Jake the Snake

'96 Cannondale R500

'?? Tesh Track Bike

'7* Peugeut Tourer [x2]

John, is that what you've had or what you've still got? I have to say it's an impressive line up but doesn't really cut the mustard, I don't see a Fat Chance "Yo Eddy" in there. ;);) Just kidding, I can only boast an endlessly modified, Marin Pine Mountain, at least the Steel frame is still original, 8speed with Suntour thumb shifters, how retro is that, but Ti handle bars & a Steel seat post, jagged bits of ally up you know where I can do without :D :D

Cheers, Steve

John, is that what you've had or what you've still got? I have to say it's an impressive line up but doesn't really cut the mustard, I don't see a Fat Chance "Yo Eddy" in there. ;);) Just kidding, I can only boast an endlessly modified, Marin Pine Mountain, at least the Steel frame is still original, 8speed with Suntour thumb shifters, how retro is that, but Ti handle bars & a Steel seat post, jagged bits of ally up you know where I can do without :D :D

Cheers, Steve

That is what I currently have sitting in the spare bedroom with the Landie parts [NEED a garage :blink::lol: ]

cheers