FridgeFreezer

So it was a shaft snapping that cause the roll

Glad I haven't got GKN overload hubs then :P:P:P

Purely theoritcal, because you'd have to be a

<Richard Hammond>

Driving god

</Richard Hammond>

to execute it........

Could you have slammed it into reverse, to power back down the hill, thus bringing the front down, and avoiding the roll ?

It would have be fun at the bottom, but could have had a potentially better outcome.

I've powered out of a roll on a side-slope before, but I was heading downhill, so all I had to do was boot it, not change gear, the ride down hill was pretty extreme :lol:

Glad I haven't got GKN overload hubs then :P:P:P

Purely theoritcal, because you'd have to be a

<Richard Hammond>

Driving god

</Richard Hammond>

to execute it........

Could you have slammed it into reverse, to power back down the hill, thus bringing the front down, and avoiding the roll ?

It would have be fun at the bottom, but could have had a potentially better outcome.

I've powered out of a roll on a side-slope before, but I was heading downhill, so all I had to do was boot it, not change gear, the ride down hill was pretty extreme :lol:

In theory yes

But watch the video

She flips in less than 3 seconds from the moment she gripped.

With the shaft broken which I had not realised normaly I would just nail the V8 (you tdi boy would not understand this :ph34r: ) and she will hold on the spot spinning or carry on climbing flipping over backwards I had not accounted for.

:blink::blink:

Jules - exactly what John Piper did to his RRZuki a couple of events ago, snapped three shafts IIRC and spun round and rolled down sideways. He blamed the ARB's and has now fitted detroits, reckons they're the business ???

How will fitting detroits instead of ARBs stop you breaking halfshafts??? :wacko:

On top of that, detroits have been known to explode when you do break a halfshaft...

• 2 weeks later...

Julian,

Can't get the video to work as the link seems broken.

However, have spoken to Pete and he says the trucks fairly bashed but is pleased the way the cage stood up - as youa re no doubt!

Thinking of a Tomcat? I would..................

Cheers

Nev

Yep thats the third time a Pete's (stunning services) roll cage has saved my life in a land rover.

Did you see the lime green hybred that Phil lanched end over end at about 60mph once at Bickly Bridge then the next year Ibthourpe same thing again the second one hurt more.

You have to down load the Itunes thing off the web it should automaticly do it if not have a word with Dave he saved it for Pete to watch.

Julian

Julian,

Yes i did see the Bickly Bridge launch but not the Ibthorpe one.

I think Pete is going to ask Dave to send the video it to my email. I have Quicktime on this PC, its the link that appears broken - i also do not see the stills in the first post of this thread.

If you get a Tomcat - good move - the cage is made from a different material butn you can still get Pete to put it together. Plus fibreglass can be patched and filled, look closley at my roof panel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julian,

I think Pete is going to ask Dave to send the video it to my email. I have Quicktime on this PC, its the link that appears broken - i also do not see the stills in the first post of this thread.

If you get a Tomcat - good move - the cage is made from a different material butn you can still get Pete to put it together. Plus fibreglass can be patched and filled, look closley at my roof panel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What happened to your roof panel then? :)

Do you know how to post pics on here if so put some on

fiberglass panels I always worry about smashing then too much

get some pics of your double coilover shocks posted and you extra long radius arm that will turn a few heads on here :)

Are you ready for Sidbury hill I'm may not be ready

Julian,

You still need to down load the itune as a update I don't know why.

I had it but had to uprate it .

I have a 690mg version but my sony will not play it. :(

the 6mg one is what everyone has seen.

Do you know how to post pics on here if so put some on

fiberglass panels I always worry about smashing then too much

get some pics of your double coilover shocks posted and you extra long radius arm that will turn a few heads on here :)

Are you ready for Sidbury hill I'm may not be ready

Interestingly i have changed the Damper arrangement but i do have some photo's on my laptop which i shall get out of the car later.

I am almost ready for Sidbury. I just need to start and tune the Megasquirt................... I have converted to MS-extra with coil packs and mapped ignition. Can't wait to get tuning....

Don't worry about fibreglass panels. My panels are the Tomcat Motorsport early versions and hence are thicker, which is not as good as thin panels as thin panels bend more easily. My roof panel was smashed down both sides of the cab due to overhanging twigs (trees in reality but they looked small at speed!). Easily repairable with the correct materials and virtually invisible, unlike aluminium panels (or steel panels).

Will poke about for some photo's now.

Cheers

Nev